Community post

Question

HSG Dye Ultrasound Test

I had my first ever HSG dye ultrasound test today and my doctor told me that I had egg heaven. Last month I found I did not ovulate and have PCOS. I asked if it was a good thing and she said absolutely...we have been ttc for 116 going on 17 months. With PCOS I have read that you can have many follicles but none will mature. I am hoping she meant I will Ovulate this month. Does anyone have a clue?

2 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I too have pcos and i have read that you release a egg from one ovary one month then the next month the other ovary. If you have cysts on just one ovary then you will know if you get ovulation pain which one you are ovualating from.

I have/had cysts on my right ovary and my left was clear. I ovulated last month on my right side this month my left.

Are you taking any medications for the pcos? I take metformin have done for two years and it worked after two years my cysts all 13 of them were gone and that was just one ovary as they had never seen my right ovary in a scan due to being so far back. I had another scan a few months later before i started clomid and they could see both ovaries this time.

I started a 3 month course of clomid but I just wanted to warn you of something they never told me and that is if you are over weight ( not saying you are but iam lol) and you take clomid there is a risk of the cysts coming back or increasing. That sadly happened to me.

User image

10 years ago

Women with pcos, like myself, typically produce lots of egg follicles and have high antral follicle counts at the beginning of a cycle. That doesn't mean you will ovulate. A bunch of follicles can develop but then not get the necessary fsh or lh surge to complete the maturation process and release. Basically they just stall out, usually mine stall around 10-12mm. If the follicles reach a certain size and don't release, they can fill with fluid and create cysts. Smaller follicles will normally shrink and be reabsorbed by the body.

To confirm you ovulated you can track your temp with bbt while using opks, track via u/s and/or have bloodwork done 7 days after you think you ovulated (about cd21).

To insure ovulation you can add a trigger shot to a cycle once you have at least one mature follicle of 18mm.

Other things to try are adding metformin, fortamet or glumetza to regulate your cycle, adding clomid, changing your diet and exercising if you want something more natural.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo