Community post

Question

Will I ovulate? Clear blue ovulation tests

I've started using the clear blue ovulation rest where it gives you low high and peak readings. I'm currently cycle day 21 and have had 3 days of high readings and no peak? Been having a lot of pain in ovaries and lots of cm but no peak reading to indicate ovulation. Is there still time for a peak seeing as I'm on day 21 now. or could I have missed it as it tells you to test every morning after a night of holding your urine in.

5 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Is it the monitor or the reader thing? I always found I had more accurate results with smu. I would test with fmu and have a high reading then use smu 2.5hrs later and have a peak. The next am it would either be peak or high. I had cycles where it was a high the next morning, which otherwise wouldve left me thinking I didnt have a peak had I not tested again to confirm. If ur only testing once a day with them, u can miss ur peak and carry on to O anyways without knowing. Make sure ur bd'ing every other day so u always have sperm up there waiting. As for 3 days of high's, that pretty normal as well, consider that ur warning of impending O and get ur bd on! ;))
Consider taking temps next cycle to confirm ur suspected O date.
Good luck! =))

10 years ago

I used the clear blue digital cost me £40 for 20 sticks, it says on the instructions to use fmu as the digital test doesn't only detect Lh it's detects differences in your hormones thats why you get high then peak
Readings. I never got high I got a neg on 11 dpo then a straight peak on 12 dpo and the smiley stayed on screen for 48 hours so I carried on testing cd15 and Used all my sticks and got high peak for 3 more days?? (your supposed to stop testing after your peak but I was curious) I'm now on cd 46 negative frer test last week gonna test again tomorrow but what a waste of money should of stuck to internet cheapies lol x

10 years ago

It's not the monitor it's the stick one that tell you your 4 fertile days. We've been by most days so fingers cross. Thanks .

10 years ago • Post starter

Like dakotagirl said, peak could've happened in 24 hours between tests. Take BBT next month with OPK and you'll know for sure then!

TTC #1 since October 2012. Me: Diagnosed with Graves' (Feb. 2013) and Celiac (July 2013) disease. Doctor suspicious of stage I endometriosis (Jan. 2014) DH: SA very good in Jan. 2014 Me:30 DH:29 April 14th first BFP!!! EDD is Dec. 26th! please send !!! User Image User Image

10 years ago

Got another high reading today. I'm on day 22 now so surely it should be reading low again as my period is due next week

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo