Community post

Question

Can evap lines appear on a still wet test strip?

I have asked like 4 questions in the last 3 days, but you ladies are so awesome and helpful, so I'm asking another. (: I took an EPT at 11 DPO. I waited for the 10 minutes and couldn't really see much. An hour later, I went to the bathroom again and glanced at it and saw a FAINT blue line. It was so extremely faint that I doubted myself for a long time. Since the 10 minutes were up, I decided to take the casing apart and see if the strip was wet. I assumed evap lines only happen when the test is dry. The strip was still very wet and the line is definitely blue. It's only a partial line though. Could it be a positive or is it just a nasty evap line?

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Evaps only happen when the test dries. EPT is a horrible test, imo. I had 5 of them and every one got lines, hub and DS each used 1 of those 5. Horrid, horrid tests, I will never buy them again...wondfo's pretty bad for that as well.

10 years ago

I usually try to not buy blue dye test because of the evaporation lines. I have seen them before, but the strip was still wet and the line was blue but only in like 2 places. Very light blue. It may have been a bad test?

10 years ago • Post starter

It could be a bad test, in my case they all were cuz it was in the time frame that I had those lines, but I have seen those work fine for other people so maybe try to back up the results with FRER.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo