Community post

Question

Serious cramps 3 days before AF. Pregnant or PMS?

My husband and I have been TTC for 6 months. I took a Walgreens blue dye test, big mistake, and it appeared to have a faint line in the result window. After taking the test, I was over the moon excited. I decided to do some research on the accuracy of the test and sadly found out its known for false positives. :/ However, I have been having some serious cramps. Worse than PMS cramps. I'm 10dpo and still have a few days for AF. Could this be sign of early miscarriage? I had cramps in my first pregnancy, but it wasn't until after I had a BFP the day before AF. I have researched this question and read other answers, I just wanted some more opinions. At 10dpo, could I take a digi, or just wait for AF? Any and all advice is appreciated.

4 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I wouldnt try a digi just yet, but if u can find some decent priced pink dye tests, u could try that. The blue dye tests are bad, I've had nothing but horrible experiences with them, buuut they do still work so u very well could be pregnant. U still have time, try not to worry. And until u can confirm the results of the blue dye, dont assume its a mc, the test could also be wrong. Positive thoughts!! =))

10 years ago

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst what would u rate ur cramps? This could also be implantation pains this far into ur cycle? Try and stay positive I know it's hard we're in the same boat huh.

Luv Pete

Luv Pete

10 years ago

It's a constant, deep ache. I would rate it a 4. Keeping my fingers crossed for implantation cramps. I will give myself a day or two and try the pink dye test. My first pregnancy was so easy. I knew I was pregnant before I ever missed my period. Just intuition. I guess that's because we weren't TTC. Now that we're trying, it's like I feel pregnant all the time because I want it so bad. :/

10 years ago • Post starter

I took a million tests starting from 6dpo because i kept getting faint positives lol, 2 days before my expected period i had REALLY bad cramping, worse than ive ever felt before, so i thought forsure my period was coming. the day of my expected period i had some spotting and i was like, okay! im not pregnant. but it stopped. 2 days after i took another test(still getting really bad cramping) and it was positive. im now 21 weeks along with a very healthy baby boy! :) my advice, try not to worry. wait until you've missed your period or you're just going to stress yourself out. good luck!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo