Community post

Question

Could I have a chance of being pregnant?

So me and my husband had sex all im my fertile days 1,2,3, and 4 days before I ovulated but he was working the day of ovulation. And then we had sex the morning after I ovulated. Just trying to see what my chances are of getting pregnant since I missed my ovulation day. Any advice helps! Thank you.

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

It is actually better to have sperm waiting on the egg (having sex on the 5 days leading up to O) than to focus so much on O day. The egg has a very short lifespan (about 12-24 hrs), so if you have swimmers there waiting when it pops your odds are much better.

10 years ago

Your chances of getting pregnant this cycle are about 20%, the same as any cycle. Not many people have sex every fertile day, you have done more than most! You just need sperm to be in the right place at the right time for the egg. Sperm can survive for up to 7 days so sex on any one of those days could get you pregnant.

10 years ago

So ive been using opks and yesterday on a strip it tested positive but negative on the digital. And according to the online calculator I was suppose to ovulate yesterday. But today, I tested positive on the digital. Not sure what that means but ive been using opks for a few months and this is the first positive ive ever got!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo