Community post

Question

Measuring a lil over 5 weeks, but according to LMP I am 6.4 weeks.

Anyone measure a week behind what their EDD is (based on LMP)? If I go by my LMP (July 21) then I would be 6.4 weeks. U/S today measured lil over 5 weeks. Should I be worried? Of course I am! Saw the gest sac and yolk sac and lil dot that is the fetal pole, but couldn't hear heartbeat... I go back in a week. I also got my blood drawn to check my HCG level, and go back again tomorrow for another draw.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?

User Image

4 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

i didnt have any early scans but when i went for my 12 week scan, i thought i was 12 weeks + going by LMP but i was actually only 11 weeks. maybe you just ovulated late or implanted slightly later? x

10 years ago

my lmp was 15th july but i know for sure I ovulated late.. got u/s on monday, was told I was 5 weeks 5days preg... heart beat not found suggested a u/s after 10 days. don't worry & All the best.

10 years ago

Going by LMP is tricky. It's fine for calculations IF you ovulated on CD14. If you ovulated earlier or later than that, then the LMP date is a fairly worthless baseline. I would go by the ultrasound measurements - keeping in mind that those, too, are a bit subjective -- depends on where the tech clicks to begin measurements, a single millimeter one way or the other can change the dating.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

5 wks is far too early to see a heartbeat let along hear it! I'd imagine if you know when you had sex & when fertile you can work out which date is correct

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo