Community post

Question

Has anyone gotten pregnant successfully with low progesterone?

Just had my post ovulation bloodwork done last week - doc expected to see progesterone at 10... mine was only at a 3. We have a follow up with the clinic on Wednesday - but was curious to see if anyone could comment on their experiences in this case. This is the only "Negative" test we've had ... my understanding is that I can Get pregnant but would have difficulty maintaining/carrying it without treatment.. am I Off base?

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

The other big mama of maternal hormones is progesterone (a "pro-gestational" hormone, hence the name), manufactured first by the ovaries and then by the placenta starting around the second trimester. Progesterone keeps the placenta functioning properly and the uterine lining healthy and thick, and it stimulates the growth of breast tissue. It also cracks down on pre-pregnancy's natural contractions of the smooth muscle of the uterus, allowing your baby to grow in your expanding (and expanding, and expandingâ?¦) womb.

Without progesterone, you will not be able to sustain a pregnancy- your lining will shed and you will have contractions - which will ultimately lead to a miscarriage. 10ng/ml is the MINIMUN you need!! Low progesterone is VERY easy to fix!!!! Your doctor will prescribe probably a cream or a vaginal supository. Be thankful you have found this out early!! You could become pregnant several times and miscarry early on before finding out this info!!

User Image

10 years ago

Good luck to you in your TTC journey!! :)

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks for the answers... it confirms what I was thinking. I realize now I could have been pregnant several times over now and my previous doctor had not diagnosed this issue. This is disheartening, but at least there is an answer now. I'll know the plan of attack come Wednesday.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo