Community post

Discussion

New Clomid 100mg User - help with you're experience with it,

View Full Post

I am 42 and have been TTC for six months. I just met with an RE who suggests IVF immediately (I have no health issues to speak of). During the next four weeks I have to undergo testing.... One is to see how I respond to ovulation stimulation, so I will be taking Clomid on cycle days 5-9 at 50mg two times per day. I am nervous about side effects, number one, and wonder if anyone can tell me their experiences with it? and two, I am wondering how likely it is I could get pregnant on one round of this? I am equally as afraid of IVF!!

Any new users who can compare notes with me as we go or any experienced user opinions are soooo welcome.

39 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 39 Replies | Last Page

I have only been severely depressed once in my life but there are times when I get depressed but it usually goes away the same day! But the week of my clomid my aunt who helped raise me passed and that same day my brothers baby was born and that was all on monday and that friday was my birthday and the funeral It was just a very very bad week for me!

April 24= Provera 10 days 1st round Clomid 50 mg Cd 5-9 June 6 CD 1 2 nd round Clomid 100 mg CD 5-9

11 years ago

mrsswift.... maybe it was not completely the Clomid, but rather a bad two weeks and the Clomid just made it worse? It sounds like that may be the case to me....

I was more depressed with all of the bloating and overall feeling of being "gross" that started right before ovulation and lasted 4-5 days. I kept thinking that I was doing all of that (in addition to the extreme fatigue and lightheadedness while I took it) and ho knows if it was going to work. As a rule, I hate being negaive and I could not seem to help it.

11 years ago • Post starter

I threw up on my last day of clomid, and I had mild headachs on it, symptoms really came after the last dose lol, Moody As DH would say. But it only lasted 3 days after last pill. Hope this helps. P.S Hi swift and some of my other friends. Baby dust girls, keep your head high.

PRAY YOU ALL GET YOUR REAL SOON !!!!!

PRAYING4aneeding some

11 years ago

Hey ladies I Went to Dr today for US and Dr seen NOTHING in my left ovary and 2 10mm follicles in right ovary! Not good and going back Friday for another US. Hopefully I just O'd late! If she does not see anything Friday then I will start my provera again and she will up my clomid to 100mg!

@ SJ No doubt alot of it was the week I had and the clomid added to it! Hopefully my next round will be a bit better..lol

@ Cass hello dear how are you? I was also moody and I had severe migraines!

April 24= Provera 10 days 1st round Clomid 50 mg Cd 5-9 June 6 CD 1 2 nd round Clomid 100 mg CD 5-9

11 years ago

Good luck mrs swift!! I will have good thoughtsmgoingnout to you on Friday!!

Thank you! My Dr said I did in fact O on tuesday and every thing looks great so im just waiting to get a + or AF!

11 years ago

Yeah, mrs swift!! Good luck!

I am 12 dpo and waiting.... Managed not to take a tet yet.... Too scared. I think somewhere inside I am starting to believe it will never happen!

Does anyone know if the IVF testing is time sensitive? I was supposed to go back to see the doctor w all of our test results in 4 weeks, but DH switched insurance companies and had to switch PCPs, so we are delayed getting his test done. My follow up RE appy won't be for 8 weeks rather than 4. They won't make me do the HCG all over again, will they?

Ok, I tested. 12dpo... BFN. Guess I am just waiting on AF. WTF already?

Omg! I am 2.5 days late to start my new cycle, so I called the doctor's office who wanted me to go in for bloodwork in case my progesterone levels were so low from the Clomid that my period will need to be induced. I gave blood and It should here back in the morning... They also took blood for a pregnancy test.

So, I haven't taken a pregnancy test since 12dpo, which was negative... Too stressful seeing the BFN all the time. I came home and took one to prepare myself for the negative result from the doctor...and guess what? !!!

Omg! I cant even believe it! I'm crossing my fingers that it's real and that it sticks for a healthy nine months and a healthy baby!!

Congratulation Sjsylvia, it soo good to hear about some BFP. Whiches you a happy happy nine months. So happy for you and hoping that i'll join you soon. :)

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo