Community post

Question

Every other day to concieve?

I had sex everyday late cycle amd it didnt work.
Is every other day good? And once i get a positive opk test should I have sex those 2 days?

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Hiya. The OPK instructions say once it's positive have sex that day and the following 3. This is all as long as he has a good sperm count. If it's on the low side, every other day is better as it gives him time to build up numbers. An amazing book is Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It's got absolutely everything in there you could possibly ever need to know. It's on Amazon. Also you need to make sure you have good quality fertile cervical mucus at the time of having sex, or use Pre-Seed. Because no matter how well timed, if the sperm can't travel or survive then it's pointless. Hope that helps. xx Good luck!

11 years ago

Thank you! I dont really produce enough mucus so we usually do oral before hand. Sorry tmi...
I heard of preeseed but i wasnt sure if it worked. I have a 2 year old boy so i know we are fine though:)
We have sex then all the time it took us a year without trying. But then again i was off and on birth control.

11 years ago • Post starter

Thank you! I dont really produce enough mucus so we usually do oral before hand. Sorry tmi...
I heard of preeseed but i wasnt sure if it worked. I have a 2 year old boy so i know we are fine though:)
We have sex then all the time it took us a year without trying. But then again i was off and on birth control.

11 years ago • Post starter

You might be interested to know that saliva actually kills sperm! Did you know that? It makes them shake so they can't swim. So do all lubes actually apart from pre seed. :)

11 years ago

I think Brambles means do all lubes actually apart from Saliva (am I correct?)
I did not know that about Saliva - Thank you Brambles.

Also, answering ur question, I personally think every other day has been better for me - my last 3 mc's, I was BDing every day before and after ovulation (after about day 8 to about day 17 of 28 day cycle), but I think this may have affected sperm quality - this time (6w preg..) I only BD 4 times and the pregnancy has lasted longer than last 3 mcs - of course there are many factors that could have caused the MCs... and I think research into this question is mixed..I think brambles is right - the ability for the sperm to travel is probably the most essential ingredient

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo