Community post

Question

Can my OPK's be faulty??

I have been testing twice a day since the day after AF finished up to this morning and I have NEVER had a second line at all. I test around 10-11am and 2.30-3.30pm. Never a change at all. It is disheartening as one I either haven't ovulated (yet) or they could be rubbish.

I have recent blood work and my progesterone level was 19. My doctor confirmed that I was ovulating.

Anyone have this issue? I have read that OPK's don't work for all women. I shall keep testing twice a day until AF shows (or doesn't) to complete a full month before I toss them in the bin.

MummaRomer84

8 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

They could be faulty, but that's a lot of faulty opk's. U could be using opk's that have a low sensitivity and if ur surges arent high enough, u wont get much of, if any, line. Opk's may not work for u, or at least that brand may not work for u. Orrrr, u havent surged yet and dont have normally high levels throughout ur cycle...lotsa different possibilities. What kind are u using?

11 years ago

That could be my problem. I bought them off eBay in bulk for cheap. They are meant to be 10m UI high sensitive tests....hmmm. I don't actually know the brand :-/ I shall 'hold' today to see if that makes a difference.

MummaRomer84

11 years ago • Post starter

I get mine from ebay, 20miu, LOVE them to death!! U should have some sort of line if theyre 20miu (they dont make 10miu)...try a hold for a few hrs, minimal liquid intake. I was thinking they were like 40miu. Check my pics and see if theyre like any of mine. I've used pink handle, blue w/ LH on handle and green handle...all were good but pink is my fave so its the only one I buy now.

11 years ago

I have been ripped then as the ad say's they are 10mui and have a purple handle. I am holding for as long as I can to see a difference. Just so I can see a second line!! Wish me luck :-)

MummaRomer84

R u sure ur using an opk (LH)? The only purple handled test Ive seen on ebay are hpts, which would explain having no line at all.
They dont make 10miu opk's becuz its normal to have up to 20miu in ur system before or after ovulation, a 10miu opk would always be positive. I hope u dont miss ur surge, quadruple check that u have the right tests. =))

11 years ago

It says Ovulation (LH) Test Strip on the packet. Not HPT anywhere on the strip or packet. OH *forehead slap the 10mIU is for the pregnancy tests I got in the order as well. BUT I have been 100% to my knowledge PO an Ovulation Strip!

MummaRomer84

@dakotagurrl - YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!!! I have been going out of my mind and so I grabbed all of the tests and both a HPT and a OPK. I opened the OPK = PURPLE HANDLE and then I opened the HPT = PINK (FRICKIN PINK) Tested and well both the same result - ONE LINE. WTF?! Seriously confused now and probably missed my surge. I have been BD as per the SMEP so fingers crossed. Just for shits and giggles I am using the pink handle ones until AF. Who knows.

MummaRomer84

That's messed up! Yeah they must not be 20miu, I just cant see how ur holding urine in for hours and not even getting somewhat of a line, ya know?! Ur chart says ur CD14, so u may not have missed the surge, u may just O a day or so later, I'd keep using opk's and try to bd daily or bi- daily til ur chart confirms O. It doesnt look like it has happened yet, so get busy, lady!! ;)
If u want, I can pm u a link to the tests I use, super cheap and work awesome! Lemme know.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo