Community post

Question

Has anyone else used clearblue advanced ovulation test?

View Full Post

I started using the clearblue advanced digital ovulation test. For the past 3 days I have gotten the flashing smiley face indicating "high fertility." I am wondering if these results are normal and if so should a just keep testing until I recieve the solid smiley. Or if perhaps there is a problem. Thanks ladies. I really want my dec baby!

41 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 41 Answers | Last Page

The Clearblue Easy website says about the Advanced OPK:

If the Holder is unable to detect Peak Fertility then an increased number of High Fertility days may be seen. Some women will have a cycle where Peak Fertility is not detected. This does not necessarily mean that ovulation has not occurred. In rare cases this could be due to an LH Surge that is at a lower level or of a shorter duration than typically expected.

Maybe this helps.

10 years ago

For what it's worth I thought I'd share my experience with clearblue advance digital ovulation sticks since my experience seems to differ with many reviews of this product. I kept reading about how lots of women were seeing flashing smiley faces for more than 2 days so I braced myself for that as well since last month I had 8 straight days of SUPER positive first response OPKs and did not get pregnant. So this month with clearblue advance I got a blank smiley for the first 3 days (CD 12-14). CD 15 I got a flashing smiley (yahoo!) and then on CD 16 the smiley was solid (whoa... wasn't expecting that at all but hey, I'll take it). So that was only one day of Mr. flashing smiley for me. I'm currently in the dreaded 2ww so I guess we shall see what becomes of this! Good luck and well wishes to everyone.

10 years ago

I am using Clearblue Advanced now for the first time, and had 2 days of low fertility and 7 days of flashing smiles. I am on CD21 and wonder if it is possible that the LH Surge was missed?? I spoke to a representative and he said finish the box, so I have one more stick to use tomorrow - it is a box of 10. But I wonder does it keep flashing indefinitely? Shouldn't it go back to low if it missed the ovulation? Crazy.

I am also confused and don't know whether to buy another OPK, or is that a waste of money.

Today I almost felt like I had pregnancy symptoms, somewhat tender breasts and a hot face, but it could be my imagination?!

Also very confused! XXX

10 years ago

Complete opposite for me. I usually only get a solid smiley with the advanced test and never a flashing smile. This cycle I got a flashing smiley on the 13th day. I tested on the 14th day and received a non smiling circle...wtw??

10 years ago

I'm skeptical about the accuracy of these only in my first month of using. First two days I got blank smiley, next day I got a blinking smiley, next day in the am blinking smiley and in pm solid smiley. As the test indicated the solid smiley lasted 2 days and we were out of town so I didn't take the kit with me. I had some increased and conflicting cm yesterday (cd15) when we got home so I tested out of curiosity this morning (cd16 out of an average 26 day cycle) expecting to see the blank smiley and I got a solid smiley again. So apparently I've had the LH surge for a week ha. I guess we'll DTD again tonight but not sure about the accuracy of these things...

10 years ago

Yes. My cycle began on Dec 16 2013 and I began testing with Clear Blue Advanced on Dec 22. I had all blank smiles until Dec 28. Dec 30 I received a solid smile! I think Dec 29 was flashing but now I can't remember! It had to have been since the solid smile will stay for 2 days. We were DTD on Dec 27, 28 and 29. I plan to DTD tonight too! This is our first real month of trying.

10 years ago

I got three straight days of flashing smileys before finally getting a solid smiley when testing at night the fourth day (I had even gotten a flashing smiley that morning). If I understand how it works, the early testing it says to do on day 10 establishes a baseline and then the flashing smiley means that your estrogen levels have risen since the first test. The solid smiley means that your Luteinzing hormone has risen which usually happens right before ovulation.

10 years ago

As of today I am on day four of the "flashing smiley face". The problem I currently have is different answers on two identical digital testers. I ran out of one pack and bought another that included another test. I tested with both using the same urine because I read that the device has a memory and I didn't want to start over with a new device on day four. The device that I was using gave me another flashing smiley face but the new device gave me no face at all. I would suggest using the same device once you get a flashing smiley face so that it can continue to track your cycle until you ovulate or start your period. I also wanted to know if anyone has gotten a flashing smiley face and then never got the full smiley face that indicates ovulation (Lh surge).

9 years ago

I found some really helpful information on Web Md on the Clear Blue Advanced ovulation kit.
/////FYI, the test the OP references can only be the ClearBlue Easy Advanced Digital OPK. It is their only ovulation test that will display a flashing smiley. Their other digital ovulation test (the not "advanced" version) will only display a steady smiley to show that the LH surge has been detected, and is not designed to display any result for estrogen.

A flashing smiley on the CBE AD OPK means that an estrogen level significantly above the women's baseline levels has been detected. The average number of flashing smiley days, is two. However, it is not uncommon for a woman to have four or more days of high estrogen detectable by the device prior to an ovulation attempt. If for some reason the monitor does not detect an LH surge, the device will continue to display the flashing smiley while it awaits a "peak" that doesn't come.

9 years ago

I think this test works, my personal experience was as follows. I started using the Clear blue Advanced digital (CBAD) on CD 8 of course got the low fertility symbol O. I resumed testing CD 11-16 and continued to see O. Turns out I had a very short cycle that month 22 days. Probably stress, not even sure ovulation occurred. I decided to test again the following cycle, I only had 3 sticks left so I added in the target brand OPK. I tested CD 11 with TB and CBAD saw the O and no LH detected on TB, CD 12 on used TB again no LH detected, CD 13 in afternoon used TB looked like there was an obvious indication of LH so I dipped the CBAD in the same urine and saw a solid smiley face. I stopped testing after that. Sounds like everyone is having different experiences with the CBAD

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo