Community post

Question

Has anyone else used clearblue advanced ovulation test?

View Full Post

I started using the clearblue advanced digital ovulation test. For the past 3 days I have gotten the flashing smiley face indicating "high fertility." I am wondering if these results are normal and if so should a just keep testing until I recieve the solid smiley. Or if perhaps there is a problem. Thanks ladies. I really want my dec baby!

41 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 41 Answers | Last Page

I know this question was stated a few weeks ago, but I am having this same problem!! Day 6 of flashing smiley faces and cd 23!!!!! Granted, I have only been off BC for 5 months, but it seems like my cycles keep getting longer and longer....never O'd this late before (but again, that's within the last 5 months). My cycles have been 33, 28, 32...if I haven't O'd yet, this cycle may go beyond 35.

This product is frustrating to me. I thought it was supposed to take the guess work out...I feel like I am still guessing and waiting!

10 years ago

Today was my fourth flashing smiley face I test in different times of the day but its always the first wee when I wake up the funny thing is since my first smile this week I been cramping since then does anyone else feel this way I just hope this works for me because I'm irregular so I had to guess this month and was surprise to get a flashing smiley

10 years ago

I tested twice a day.. Had three full days of blinking smilies before I got the solid one

10 years ago

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having this problem! I've gotten 4 days of flashing smilleys, really anxious for that solid! I'm just using the advanced test in the morning with fmu, then testing in the early afternoon and evening with internet cheapies. Still haven't gotten dark lines on those, so definitely don't think I've o'ed yet, but the anticipation is killing me!

10 years ago

I think because it tracks estrogen & LH, it picks up a rise in estrogen production which triggers your LH surge & the flashing smiley face is an indication that your estrogen levels are high. The solid smiley shows you that the LH surge has also happened. NEITHER of these mean you have definitely ovulated! It just means your hormones have changed. Your ovaries have not necessary responded accordingly. I've had smiley faces on the CB digi opk & not ovulated. I am bbt charting too this month so I can see if there's been a progesterone rise after smiley face which would show I've definitely o'd.

I think we may have surges throughout the month which don't always result in ovulation but show up on the opks and mislead us. Maybe monitoring other signs like bbt & cm in tandem with the opks is the key?

10 years ago

This is my first time joining a site (finally) and commenting. Every month I get smile, that has never been an issue. I have always used the regular OPK by Clear Blue Easy. I decided to give these new advanced OPKs a try this past weekend, and as of this morning...3rd day with flashing smiles. I'll test again tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted. I have had the low cramping for the last 4 days which is usually when I get a regular smile on the other OPKs in the past. At this point, I'm on CD 19 which seems a little longer than normal. For the past several months, I usually get the smile on CD 14-17 on average. I haven't compared these advanced tests with any other testing sticks, mostly because I was completely out and I purchased these advanced ones for $44...and I just figured I better stick with one testing method. If I don't get a solid smile tomorrow, I'm really going to question and may actually call them. Been TTC for 14 months.

10 years ago

I had always used the regular Clearblue Easy OPK. I got excited when I saw this Advanced one and purchased it. I got my first flashing smiley on CD19 (5/14) and all it did was flash until this afternoon. Mind you, I used the Wondfo OPKs to test along with it and they were all negative. I figured I had for sure missed my surge and I'd already ovulated. This afternoon, I tested with a Wondfo and it seemed to be positive to me. I dipped one of the Clearblue Easy Advanced sticks and waited. Low and behold...solid smiley face. I took another Wondfo test the next time I had to urinate and it was even more positive than the previous one. Oddly enough, my CM went from creamy to watery to eggwhite in about 3 hours tops. I guess I'm not out of this cycle just yet!! I think these tests work, they are just more sensitive.

10 years ago

Hello, my husband and I have been trying for #2 for about 10 months now. I previously used the regular clearblue easy OV test and was getting the smiley face 2 days per month. I ran out and saw the advanced kit and bought it! This past Sunday I got a negative result, then the next 5 days it was flashing smiley face. I was was getting a little upset bc it seemed like a lot of flashing days! Anyways, today I woke up, peed in a cup and took the last of the original test and an advanced test. The original test was negative and the advanced was a solid smile. Im confused!!!!! Any thoughts??

10 years ago

This was my first month using the advanced digital test. My cycles tend to be around 34 days so I started testing on cycled day 13. On CD15 I got my first flashing smiley face. Well today was my 9th flashing smiley face!?!? I did get the EWCM a few days ago but that is gone now and still no solid smiley face. Not sure if its my goofy cycles or the tests.

10 years ago

Hi, this is the first time I used clear blue, I was using boots own but i didn't find I could tell any dif on the test!

So I thought I would give clear blue digital a try at least it shows up to say what's happening, well so I thought.

my Af last month was 16/5 and only 3 days I usual have a 6/7 days, I started testing around 24th. I thought I should be starting my period about 11/6 but I have had flashing smiley face now for the last 7 days! I have had to go out and buy a new test which I'm not happy about due to the price of this item.

We have had intercourse every day, and I'm just not sure what is happening with my body.
what is the longest any body has had the flashing light for please?

Do I just keep testing until I get a steady smile and just keep on having intercourse every day?

Kelise how have you been dealing with your 9 days of flashing smiley? have they stopped yet?

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo