Community post

Discussion

anyone celiac and TTC with ideas of what to eat

Hey all question on nutrition and health. I have celiac and fibro. Just wondering if anyone out there has either or both and have ideas as to what things I should be eating and what I should be trying to stay away from if there is anything. Though right now I am kinda have cravings and aversions to certain foods.
My partner cant have alot of vitamin k as interacts with his meds which is not good as well.
Anyway thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions. babydust to all.

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I have a gluten sensitvity, so I avoid gluten as much as possible. I usually eat brown rice with a veggie and chicken. There are books you can look into that are for people who need to live gluten free. Any way some suggestions are lots of fruit, veggies, greek yogurt, brown rice, and grilled chicken. Hope this helps and good luck!

11 years ago

Hi, I'm not a diagnosed celiac, but I do eat gluten free simply because I feel better when I do. I avoid grains in general and eat a lot of fruit/veg, protein, nuts, berries etc.

Spaghetti squash makes a great substitute for pasta, can be seasoned and topped with anything you would put on pasta, I love it with sausage, peppers, garlic and tomatoe sauce. I just cut the squash in half and scoop out seeds, place both halves upside down on a bake sheet and bake at 400 for a half hour or till the insides pull away easily. Scoop out the insides and use like noodles.

Lettuce wraps are great for lunch, you can use meat or seafood and saute with diced veg (carrots,celery, peppers, mushrooms) add a tsp of peanut butter and two tsp of soy sauce and one of vinegar and throw in some peanuts. Take a large leaf of lettuce and use it like a wrap to hold the mix. You can really use lettuce to wrap just about anything you would put in a sandwich or pita.

You can use rice paper to make spring rolls, shred carrots and cabage, dice up some shrimp and roll in rice paper, fry on med heat in a frying pan with a bit of oil till the outside browns (keep turning to cook evenly) and serve with a sauce made from equil parts soy sauce and rice wine vinegar

I love to have pub night with lemon pepper chicken wings, veggies and dip and corn tortilla chips and salsa. I do the wings in the oven, toss them in a bit of olive oil and bake till crisp, then toss with salt, cracked pepper and squeezed lemon

Tacos in corn tortillas are great, I sub ground chicken for beef and top with all the regular fixn's

I eat a lot of salad and its hard to find reasonably priced dressings that dont contain some wheat or gluten byproduct so i make my own dressing using one lemon, 2tbs olive oil, 1/4 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp freezdried onions and garlic each, dash salt I combine in a sauce pan and cook on low for about 2min. Freezdried has the best flavor but powdered garlic and onion would do in a pinch this makes a great chicken or seafood marinade too!

Another simple dressing to make is a balsamic reduction, it has a tangy sweet flavor that's great on chicken, seafood and sautéed veg and reducing it cuts the harsh vinigar flavor. You simply take a cup of balsamic vinigar and boil it on med heat stirring frequently until it becomes the consistency of maple syrup (dont over cook it though or it wil carmalize and be hard as a rock)

You can also make your own nut flower using almost any kind of nut, just put nuts in a food processer till they're the consistency of flour and use as a sub for regular flour in baking recipes . Will be a bit more crumbly and have a nice nutty flavor, I always add an extra egg for binding so the pastry doesnt crumbl as much. My favorites are almond, pecan and cashew another flour sub I like for baked goods is chick pea flour, it's great in carrot cake!

Hope you enjoy some of these as much as I do!

11 years ago

Bean flours are amazing, as are whole beans, they have many if not most of the nutrition you need during pregnancy, and if using the flours, thicken gravies and soups as well as a wheat flour would. made a wonderful orange chicken rice last night using orange juice, chicken broth, and white bean flour to make a wonderful gravy to go over shredded chicken and rice. it takes a while to cook but it's well worth it.

2013 January/February cycle 2013 February/March hopes for a soon

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo