Community post

Question

Blue veins visible everywhere and puffy nipples. Outline on positive line. No fill. Preg?

So I know u get increased blood flow when you're pregnant & that can make your veins more visible. I'm a redhead so my skin is quite pale but I can definitely see a ton of veins in my chest and breasts, more than usual. Over the last couple days I've also noticed a couple big veins that go from my breast down my ribs & onto my hips & upper thighs on the front. It spreads out quite a lot on my hips. My nipples have been bigger and puffy for 2 weeks and they're now starting to get barely sore but it's more of like an over-sensitive feeling. My period last week was all old blood and spotty and light for about 6 days. No red blood. I keep taking new choice $ tree tests but I only see a VERY VERY faint outline of a positive. Not filled in but it's happened twice in the time limit at around 2-3 minutes. It gets harder to see as the test turns whiter. I also now have stretch marks on my breasts starting a week and a half and I'm only 22. Does this mean pregnancy? Any1 else get te

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I think you read into pregnancy symptoms too much. A person would have blue veins because of increased blood flow during pregnancy. You think that happens over night?

User Image

11 years ago

No I've been feeling pregnant for about 2 weeks now, starting before my spotty "period". I'm saying the blue vein visibility has slowly increased.

11 years ago • Post starter

WoW, that was rude!!
I would wait a few more days and try a different brand of test. Maybe even go for a blood test. =)

silvershoes: Blood flow is directly related to blood pressure, and that changes in seconds.

11 years ago

I had blue veins about a week after I tested positive, and when I would lay down my areolas would stand above the breast... it was insane looking and I freaking at first! LOL I miscarried at 6 weeks 4 days, and STILL have those darn blue veins, they got worse though (Possibly pregnant again) they never went away!

11 years ago

Thanks ladies! Your answers were MUCH more helpful and kind :) I get a blood test on Monday. I'm going to try to resist buying any more tests since I want to try a different one and they're more expensive and I'm short on money. And YES! My areolas looked so weird! Like I puffed them out with air lol. My breasts have suddenly now gotten super tender and this is now the week after my spotty "period". I really hope this isn't from my bc pills...I've been on bc since I was 17 and never had weird side effects or spotty periods or this circulation/vein stuff. Fingers crossed :) Thanks so much! I'll update when I get the results back :) xo

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo