Community post

Question

Miscarriage and Night Sweats

I was about 5 weeks pregnant and started bleeding and had a miscarriage on Jan 26, 2013. My hcg levels were never high, the highest was abut 100 and then dropped to 23 in one week,and now a week later the hcg is 0.63. So I am definitely getting a negative now and have stopped bleeding. Since the miscarriage I have been having night sweats. I wake up soaking wet and DH just makes me twice as hot. It's horrible. Is this a normal symptom from having a miscarriage. Also, any advice on waiting a specific amount of time to ttc again?

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I never experienced night sweats. But my doctor said you only need one normal period after the miscarriage to try again. The bleeding from the miscarriage does not count.

11 years ago

I most definitely experienced night sweats during miscarriage as the hcg left my body (they were really bad soaking sweats and my hands felt like they were on fire). BUT just to confuse you, I also experienced night sweats during pregnancy when the pregnancy progressed so when you become pregnant again, please don't assume if you have a night sweat it means you're miscarrying. Night sweats are a symptoms of the hormonal upheaval and while you're trying to have a baby you may have quite a few more. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please consider taking baby aspirin. It's an excellent aid for pregnancy and I know it helped me after multiple losses. Any other questions you have about miscarriage please msg me. As you have the night sweats you'll probably have extreme mood swings as well. Please know these will go away soon too although you will be sad which is to be expected. I wish you all the best. Sleep with one leg out of the blankets ;) Try again as soon as you're in the mood. xo

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo