Community post

Discussion

New to this!

Hello! Ive only just signed up to this site this evening. Im afraid to say that i dont know what all these initials mean. I only know so far ttc and dpo. It's like reading another language! !!!

11 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Hi jodiem! Welcome!

I know the TTC Lingo seems really scary at first, but you pick up on it pretty quickly! When i first joined up I was reading some posts going "What the hell does that mean?" Now it's second nature!

xx

RIP Angel 10.2009 xx

11 years ago

Hi Jodiem,
How funny! I'm in the same boat. I have however, been able to translate a few things.
You know dpo and ttc
af = Aunt Flow (periods) - I think it's a USA thing maybe as we don't call it that over here :)
BFP = Big Fat Positive
BFN = Big Fat Negative
CM = Cervical Mucus
CP = ??? not sure
DH = Dear Husband
DS = Dear Son
DD = Dear Daughter

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! :)
I'm new to this site too. Hope to see you around.

11 years ago

Thanks!
I did find a chart which tells me what things mean after i wrote this - but im still finding my way around here and so i dont know where i found it. oh well! i'm sure i'll be talking in code in no time!!! xx

11 years ago • Post starter

Horizon96 - CP = Cervical Position.

There's a box to the left of the screen on here with trying to conceive lingo, otherwise google it, that's what I did... you guys will pick it up pretty quickly

xx

RIP Angel 10.2009 xx

11 years ago

i jus joined not to long ago and im glad u asked bc i wasnt to sure myslf, i guessd few of thm but this was also helpful to me..

waitingonmy#1

11 years ago

Hi Ladies, I have only just joined too so hope you don't mind me dropping by :) I have found the lingo confusing until I knew what it all meant.

How long have you all been trying?

xx

11 years ago

I'd only been trying since the beginning of April this year and found out on Thursday that I'm pregnant! YAY!
How long have you been trying?? xx

11 years ago • Post starter

wow! congratulations!! that was quick :) keep us posted :)

User Image

11 years ago

luck you for getting a bfp so quick!! This will be our third cycle trying!

11 years ago

OMG Jodie, Congrats on your already!! You lucky thing! xx

RIP Angel 10.2009 xx

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo