Community post

Question

Just diagnosed with PCOS, could use some advice.

Hello ladies! I've been trying to conceive for 2 years, today my doctor told me that I have pcos... I guess that was the problem all along but no other doctor was able to tell me that this was the issue.. Now that I know what is the problem I feel a little bit better about ttc... My doctor prescribed clomid.. I don't know much about this medication.. I was hoping that maybe some of you guys that have pcos can share your experiences using clomid and maybe tell me a little bit more about what PCOS is.. Thanks in advance and I appreciate it

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I was diagnosed with PCOS this summer and have just started wrapping my head around it. My doc told me that no one's case of PCOS is the same - every woman experiences different symptoms and to varying severities. The doc I'm seeing now put me on Metformin to regulate the way my body absorbs insulin and it has made a HUGE difference in my cycles and I'm actually ovulating on my own. Exercise (specifically weight training) and eating a low-glucose diet are essential. I was amazed how similar my lifestyle is now to a diabetics. I did 4 cycles of Clomid and didn't react well to it, but I have several friends who got pregnant on it their first cycle. Good luck to you and feel free to send me a message if you want to talk more. :)

11 years ago

I agree we all have different symptoms. There are different forms of pcos. Some it's hormonal, some insulin and still others form cysts instead of releasing an egg. I have pcos as well and was also diagosed this summer. With me there was too much insulin released into my blood causing my ovaries to over produce testosterone and prevented ovulation/af. I was put one metformin too and its worked wonders for me! I now ovulate and af has regulated but no pregnancy :( I see and ob next week hoping for a round of clomid :) to help strenghten my eggies. Pcos is usually a hormonal imbalance. I recommend seeing an endocrinologist doesn't have to a reproductive one just reg one should help. That's all i go to a reg endo and shes really helped me out a lot!!!

11 years ago

I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago when I absolutely STOPPED having periods.... I went to the doctor and he put me on birth control because I was not planning on having a baby anytime soon and the birth control would regulate my periods... I was on the Nuvaring and it did regulate me for the first time since my late teens/early 20's. I got off birth control May of 2011 due to getting married in June 2011. Well, I had a period and then again stopped after that. I then started doing some research on my own and came across Vitex and started taking that.... It was a miracle natural herb because I started having periods like clock work. I ran out a couple months ago and have had a period since... In fact, I was ovulating right around the 1st of January so I am in my 2ww..... My point to all of that is, I was and still am dead set on wantiing to conceive a baby naturally or with natural helpl. There is nothing wrong with using Clomid or Metformin, I have just heard that it really

11 years ago

can mess with your body.... I am giving it a few more months for 2 years TTC, just like you, and then I may consider fertility meds. I am really hoping God can help me out with this one! I am 28 and all I have ever wanted is to be a mother. Please let me know how the Clomid does you! Sorry I was not any help on the fertility meds. And good luck to you!!!

11 years ago

Thanks for sharing ladies! My previous doctor actually prescribed metformin but she never explain why i had to take it, she just said to try it to see if my cycles get shorter... so i did give it a try for like 2 months or so and it made me sick so i stopped taking it.. it didnt regulate my cycles. I had no idea it is used to regulate insulin, im starting to think that my previous doc probably knew i had it but never explained it to me. Im gonna start eating healthier and exercising i didnt realize what an importnant role this plays... ill let you guys know how my first cycle on clomid goes :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo