Community post

Question

Which brand of prenatal vitamins are better?

Can anyone give advice on which brand of prenatal vitamins is better than another?

User Image

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I took spring valley before-during- after. But I've stopped taking those and now taking perscription Prenatal's from my OB. But those are what i took while my husband and i were TTC 8-) hope that helps

User Image

11 years ago

as long as they meet the required amounts that a pregnant woman needs then they are equal to each other

11 years ago

I use Jamieson, they're gentle on the stomach and have 1000mcg of folic acid. Do an online search of what the minimum requirements are for each vitamin/mineral etc for ttc/pregnancy, then use that to find the prenatal that's best for u. I prefer high folic acid so I dont have to take an additional supplement.

11 years ago

I agree with msjuleya -- as long as they have all the stuff you need in them, brand isn't really an issue. Although some prenatals contain extras, like colace for constipation or DHA, etc.

Just make sure whatever you take has enough folic acid (1000) and not too much preformed Vitamin A.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

I'm taking Nature Made prenatal multi + DHA. Has 800mg folic acid and a bunch more..
I think it is helping me a lot since I finally conceived this month but ended in m/c.
Not sure if I'm much help but just telling you what I take. I don't think it matters what prenatal.. just pick based on what you want. Some people want more folic acid, etc.

xx

User image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo