Community post

Question

Do you typically O about the same time each month? Not sure if I O'd later than what FF is showing

This is my 1st month temp charting but I've been using opks and monitoring cm for a few months. here is the link to my charts for the past few months.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3eb788
I had a cp in October and I guess I O'd around cd18. Next cycle, I got a +opk on cd10 but then stopped using the opks and had watery cm again around cd18 & 19. Wondering if I O'd later and missed the egg.
This past cycle, I got a +opk on cd13 and although FF is showing that I O'd around then, I'm wondering if it was more like cd16 or 17.
Am I BDing too early and missing the egg bc we did something right in late september but unfortunately, it didn't stick. Should I continue using the opks 8-10 days after my 1st +opk? Is it normal to O at such different times each month?
Thanks!

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Usually, if you have a normal cycle, you will probably O around the same time each month give or take a day. If you have a irregular cycle, O date will be a little more inconsistent month to month. I would suggest taking a better look at the OPK and the directions for the particular test. Some have different indicators of positive, such as dip strips which require the test line be as thick and as dark as the control. It can be very easy to say the OPK is positive when it really isn't. You might want to use an OPK each day for several cycles to see the results and see if there are any patterns. Since you had a CP, could be your cycle isn't back to normal yet. So I would probably stick with OPKs and CM as signs of O and go from there. Charting BBT is another fantastic way to see your O date but only after the fact. Good luck!

11 years ago

U dont even need to put ur opk on there and I can see ur thermal shift...its right.
As for ur previous cycles, its really hard to say becuz u didnt take temps. U can get fertile cm after O, its usually located around a dip, which is an estrogen surge, and estrogen is the hormone that produces fertile cm. I think ur doing everyting u can, its only a 20% chance to get pregnant, even with a perfect possible setup. Keep charting cm, opks and ur bbt...maybe even learn how to check ur cervix, other than that, theres not much else u can do except bd like a nympho and hope the eggie makes cotact with sperm and uterus. Good luck this cycle, Im cd2 also...oh the joys of af lol. =))

11 years ago

Usually it's give or take a day of your usual ovulation cycle day. Mine varies between CD19, CD20 and CD21. I temp regularly and use OPKs starting CD5 (I know that's early but, I do it just in case something drastically changes one month and I miss my O date) and test up until my strong positives. Make sure you are doing something similar and be consistent.

Best of luck to you!

Me...33 Hubby...34 Nov 2002...high risk pregnancy, preterm labor @ 31wks, held in our son until 37wks, born 7lbs, 20in October 2007...blighted ovum @ 6w4d, D&C October 2012...fetal death @7w4d subchorionic hematoma, D&C, 46 chromosomes, normal female Waiting to TTC until June!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo