Community post

Question

REALLY need some help! Period or not??

I'm 20 & I don't have insurance or $ for the doc. right now, so I'm having to go by others experiences or knowledge, so no rude cmnts plz :) -My periods are like clockwork, always happens in the middle of the night on the expected date. My period was due today & I woke up went to the restroom, when I wiped it was pinkish redidish &watery looking (like usual) 2 hrs later I went back to the restroom & usually by now its a dark red river (TMI lol) but its still the same color and has only filled about the tip of the tampon. I go back again later & still has only filled the tip but less. Usually by now its really dark and heavy, but it is not changing color or flow. Never has this happened & I also have been experiencing other things, but not too much out of the ordinary. Just weird on and off dull cramps and veins showing up on my breasts, thighs, hips, and legs, even my hands. Could this be my body changing or something else? Im clueless & really need some hel

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I would buy a pregnancy test just to be sure... but usually any implantation bleeding will be days before your missed period. The cramps could be your period starting and although prominent veins are a symptom of pregnancy, that usually doesn't happen until about 9 weeks. For me they didn't start showing til 11 weeks. I'm not sure if you're trying to concieve or if this was just one of those things that happens sometimes (still a blessing either way I promise) but if you do happen to be pregnant you can always try to apply for state aid or if you're like me and they tell you you make too much but still can't afford the ridiculous costs of insurance, you can call around to some hospitals in your area. Many of them will offer a special payment plan or deal for pregnant women. I was trying to concieve... but still some things just don't happen how you expect. Good luck with everything.

11 years ago

It sounds like just a regular period - sometimes they're different for no reason, sometimes they're different because you produced more progesterone or estrogen that cycle. It's typically progesterone that causes veins to appear more prominent, so I would expect that you're just having a off cycle. However, if things don't start flowing in a couple of days, you might want to take an hpt on the off chance that what you're experiencing now is implantation bleeding. But it's more likely just a weird AF.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo