Community post

Question

Can I naturally improve egg quality?

We're ttc #2 who we got pregnant with our first month of trying - I was 36 going on 37. I'm going to be 39 tomorrow and feel as though my body has changed so much in the past couple years.
We've been ttc for about 6 mos and I know that is not a relatively long time but time isnt on my side and I was wondering if there are natural remedies I can take to help improve our chances of conceiving. I don't really drink, caffeine - I only have 1 cup in the morning - 1/2 decaf, weight is normal. I've been bad about going to the gym but if it will help our chances it would definitely motivate me.
As for my cycles, I was always like clockwork - 28 days until I had an early mc in October and today I got very early for me (my chart is on my page).
I don't think I need anything to help regulate my hormones, I'm looking for things that will help egg quality...is there anything I can take?
TIA for any input/advice you can offer!

8 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

Prenatals, Vitamin C, E, Zinc, B12, Aspirin-low dose (will prevent platelets from clotting and improve circulation to the uterus and ovaries).

11 years ago

Hi I'm 42 and had 3 chemicals in 3 cycles and I demanded my doc help me stay pregnant but age is against me, I went to health shop and was given pro conception tabs which help improve ovulation and body fit have been using them nearly a month and am waiting for af this thurs, so try them or ask health shop advice x

11 years ago

Thank you both! GL Tottie!

11 years ago • Post starter

I understand where you're at. I'm 37 million years old. If you're ready for a big change, definately try a gluten free diet. I was in early menopause and had a heap of other problems and was getting less and less eggs each IVF cycle, even the ones I got were no good. After 8 months on a gluten free diet I had my last IVF cycle before the dr told me I had to stop as it was not working. We got 15 eggs!! Double the previous cycle. Not only that, but I got 3 good ones! Previously I had gotten no more than 1 viable embryo per cycle. The first two that were put in ended in a chemical, but the very last little egg is breastfeeding as I type this. I am a big advocate for gluten free, even if you're not intolerant as it reduces inflammation in your body over all. Also to echo dakotagurrl, definately take at least 800mg folic acid every day and very importantly low dose aspirin. Take these every day and only stop the low dose aspirin after 30 weeks pregnant. Good luck xo

11 years ago

This sounds similar to me. Had my last hubby in 2010, when I was 37 and I fell pregnant within six months. I have been trying for over two years and am now 39 going on 40. I have had blood work for hormone levels, fish, pelvic ultrasound and things seem to be okay. Have been using opk for last two cycles. I am taking pre pregnancy vitamins etc. Have you had any tests done? The best way to keep egg quality healthy is to be healthy. If you have been trying for 6 months with BFN then you should see your doctor to look into other options or have tests done. They say the most important thing is not to stress, but that is easier said than done. Totally understand how you feel. Good luck.

11 years ago

Me again. I meant my last hubby not hubby. Lol

11 years ago

I think my tablet is correcting me without me noticing. Maybe I should just say my last baby!!!

11 years ago

Annie - thanks for the suggestion. My hiusband is GF bc of Crohn's. I never really thought about it for me but what you say makes sense and I think I'll try it. Cngratulations on your little one!
Kelli - lol! Please, I re-read my post/question and I sound like I haven't mastered the English language yet! Typing on the ipad is hard! I havent had any tests yet - probably after this cycle, if we don't have success. I can't believe how much your body can change in just 3 years...stinks getting old!
So, I went out and got the baby aspirin, vit c, b12, zinc & vit e plus I am already taking rainbow light prenatal one (started taking it back in June when we first started trying). Hoping these things help!
thanks again for the advice!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo