Community post

Question

Has anyone had a BFN at 12 DPO but later got a BFP? Losing hope.....

I have been testing since 10 DPO all tests have been BFN, used internet dip test strips as well as yesterday and this morning used the Clear Blue Easy digital tests. All were BFN, did do an OPK this morning by accident thinking I grabbed an HCG strip (I realized after I am out of HCG tests) was excited that it was a dark positive until I realized it was an OPK, afterwards I did use my last Clear Blue Easy Digital and it said NOT PREGNANT. I don't know if i should go buy more tests or just wait. AF is due tomorrow but I have yet to feel like she is coming. The day before AF I usually have cramps and am extremely tired but so far nothing like that.

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Yeah i had BFN on 12 Dpo and got BFP at 14 DPO (which is the day my AF had to arrive)....

11 years ago

You will often get a + on an OPK before an HPT so that should be a good sign. You can use the OPKs as a substitute until you restock. Just see if it stays dark when you test again tomorrow. You can also dilute your urine with water and see if the OPK is still dark - a way to test if the HCG is increasing. Hope this is your month! :)

11 years ago

Dont lose hope, its still early!! Go buy some more pregnancy tests, non-digi cuz they test too high. If u can get a line on frer than ur good. Dont rely on an opk, thats not what theyre meant for and results are not reliable and wont give u a positive before a hpt. U have LH and hCG in ur system all the time, an opk will pick up both and call it a positive, meanwhile a hpt will pick up only one and call it negative. Apples and oranges, u cant compare the two.
Enjoy hon, ttys!! ;D

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo