Community post

Question

23 yrs old, hot flashes? preg symptom?

I am 23 years old, have been TTC #2 for about 2 years. I've had two m/c, 04/06/2011 & 04/19/2012. Past afs on Aug 3 & Aug 31, usually 21-28 days. Last week I had hot flashes 2 or 3 nights in a row. Now boobies feel like they were used as punching bags :( getting more sore, too. Almost puked 3 times yesterday, and been fighting nausea since I woke up this morning. Had "cramps" that started in my ribs and shot downward, both yesterday & today. Diarrhea/constipation combo as well. Tired & moody. The SO says he'll pick up a test tomorrow, and I already have a bloodwork order (progesterone) which was given to me on Aug 28 by my OB/GYN. She said to get it done ASAP after +HPT, and I know some places that are open on saturdays, just in case. :) But my questions are: 1.) Are hot flashes a pregnancy symptom?; and 2.) Given my "symptoms", what do you think my chances are? Thanks in advance!

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Hot flashes is often the result of progesterone levels increasing, which occurs during the luteal phase of a woman's mentrual cycle. It can be a sign because if you are, then this increases even more than usual. Do you feel pregnant? how did you feel before? This is the part that sucks - preg symptoms can often simulate normal ovulation and PMS. Do you chart your BBT? If so, this can tell you as well if you are or not. You can often see a shift during your LP which can be an early sign.

Good luck!

11 years ago

My cousin which has now a 2.5 month old girl says YES HOT FLASHESSSSSSSSSSSSS..lol
FX hon

User ImageUser ImagePCOS/#1 BABY BLESSING BLISSUser Image User Image My Ovulation Chart

11 years ago

I forgot to mention that I don't remember ever having hot flashes in any previous cycles.. I don't chart but I am supposed to be using OPKs (dr said I should).

I am still nauseous.

11 years ago • Post starter

If you haven't gotten them before then I think that would be a good sign! I get hot flashes normally so it's not alarming for me. it means that your levels are going up! Good luck and keep us posted!

11 years ago

Well, AF showed her nasty face.. :( she brought bad cramps with her...

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo