Community post

Question

Can I still be pregnant after a bleed?

Hi, I got a faint BFP on Friday 21st and the same again on the 22nd. Then later that day I started bleeding, just watery at first but then got heavier in the evening. Yesterday,the 23rd it calmed down and today im still bleeding but nowhere near as heavy as a 'normal period' . This morning I took my temp and it was still high and I also took a HPT which actually came out darker than on Friday (3 days ago). So is there any chance I could still be pregnant or are my hormones just playing tricks? Please help :/ i'm so confused!!!

Poll:
still pregnant (4 votes)
horrible hormone trick (1 votes)
go see GP (6 votes)

User Image

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Tricky one. The HPTs pick up on the hcg in the urine but that takes a 2-3 days to appear (as opposed to the blood test which picks it up immediately) so, some people who MC actually can still get an BFP the following day or two. However, that fact that it's darker may be a positive sign. Also, from all I've read, some bleeding in early pregnancy can be quite common as long as it's not heavy / painful. Some women have implantation bleeding and very occasionally, some women report having their "period" while pregnant - and this can be explained by something called decidual bleeding - http://www.primehealthchannel.com/decidual-bleeding-symptoms-causes-and-complications-during-pregnancy.html. Hope it sticks for you!

11 years ago

Hey I'd advise going to the docs it's the only way to know for sure, i bled at 6 weeks preg n everything was fine n there was a heartbeat n then at 12 weeks i bled again it was brown and i had contractions n then turned bright red a couple days later and thats when i mc, I was still testing pos 12 weeks after my mc hpt's got lighter and darker quite a lot through this time aswell, gd luck I hope all goes well xx

11 years ago

Hi, thanku for your messages. I took a clearblue hpt this afternoon and got a strong +ve so I really don't know what's going on!! I'm still bleeding, not as heavy but its red still. I'm going to book a GP appt and see what they say. Tks again x

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo