Community post

Discussion

Ovulating TWICE?! Help...

I have been doing OPK's and this month I got what I thought was a positive on April 14th. My Period Tracker phone app says this is when I was predicted to ovulate and my temp spiked during these few days (14th + 2-3 days afterward).

The thing is... These OPK's showed two red lines that looked the same, which the test says is also a "positive" - but the test line never got darker which I guess is a better way to know for sure.

So this morning I was just using up the remainder of my test strips since I had a few left and I got another positive!! IS this normal? Am I reading it wrong? My temp was average, but could spike tomorrow? My CM is still like Egg Whites and I have a lot of it. (Sorry, TMI).

Here is a pic of my test I took this morning:

User Image

I don't have any images from my first set of postive OPK's with "similar red lines"

SO...

WAS I wrong about my ovulation timing on the 14th? Or am I wrong now? Or am I ovulating twice?

TTC since 07/2011. Diagnosed with PCOS 06/04/2012. Started first cycle of Clomid, Estradiol, and HCG trigger shot 06/2012. Waiting for my

5 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Consider the first LH surge as an ovulation indicator.
There is a reason when they write in OPK instruction to stop once you det positive.
Once I had positive OPKs 4-5 days in a row (it was a cycle when I got preg but mc later). I did my research and found out that it's common to have opk-s pos, few days in a row.

11 years ago

I appreciate your reply. However, this particular positive OPK was not "in a row" from my first ones. My first positive OPKs were on the 14th, 15th, 16th, and 17th - then I got negative OPKs until yesterday the 25th when one turned up positive again...?? :-\

TTC since 07/2011. Diagnosed with PCOS 06/04/2012. Started first cycle of Clomid, Estradiol, and HCG trigger shot 06/2012. Waiting for my

11 years ago • Post starter

you might be pregnant
sometimes (not always) opk can be positive in early pregnancy

11 years ago

I was hoping that the second positive OPK might be an indicator of pregnancy! I am keeping my fingers crossed..

But part of me doesn't want to get my hopes up because my BBT is below my cover line... :-\

11 years ago • Post starter

I know this is from a few weeks ago but thought I would post for later readers. I just read last night on peeonastick.com that when your body gears up to O but the egg gets stuck/stress/sickness you will get a positive then negative and then your body tries to O again and you get another positive a few days later.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo