Community post

Question

I know I'm out for this month. But did I ovulate?

Okay, ladies, my temp dropped today, so I know I'm out for this month. Can you look at my chart and tell me if I even O'd this month? I usually O on CD15, but this month's temps were so different than normal, I don't even know what to make of them. We've been TTC for 16 months, and I'm TTC #1. Thanks! Baby dust to all of you!
!!

6 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Hey :)

Short answer: From your temps I would suggest that that you ovulated on day 17 of your cycle.

Long answer: Not enough characters so I have sent you a PM with a more in depth analysis of your chart :)

11 years ago

Yep, cd15. Cd 17 is too far away from the +opk and ewcm...u dont automatically pick the lowest temp dip and go with it, u have to look at ALL the factors. Ur temp has to rise above ur coverline within 3 days, which urs did (this site sets the coverline too high so ignore it). There is a such thing as a fallback rise, it happens between 2-4dpo, thats why ur temp had a fallback on the second day but spiked on the third (rise).

11 years ago

You cannot assume that ovulation takes place just because of a positive OPK and there is no indication that she continued to check for OPK after getting a negative following the positive. Therefore it is entirely possible there wsa a second LH surge. Without knowing whether she stopped charting CM because there was none or because she believed she ovulated there is also no way of knowing whether or not her EWCM continued.

Based on the temperature lines themselves it is questionable whether the rise on day 16 was a 'rise' or just another temp as it was not as high as some of her earlier temps and was not sustained.

I think it is down to the approach to chart reading but I will stand by day 17 based on the fertility charting methods I have researched where a sustained temperature shift is required.

I am not suggesting day 15 is wrong but it certainly isn't the only possible interpretation.

11 years ago

So according to ur "research", a sustained temperature shift is required to prove ovulation? Then that would mean half of the ovulating women dont actually ovulate becuz they cant sustain a temperature shift. Good to know!!!
Idk what books ur reading or what Wiki sites ur visiting, but I suggest starting off with Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It explains everything very clearly and even shows examples of charts where women have ovulated and not had a sustained temperature shift (fallback rise). It also tells u when to omit certain temps (rule of thumb) to decipher a coverline (which is another charting tool that isn't actually needed). After that, move on to some in depth Anatomy & Physiology textbooks. Learning about the Endocrine System and how it works would greatly benefit u, seeing as u clearly have no clue what hormones kick in, when, and why!

Good luck with ur "in depth analysis" ddgreiff...lol! Tons of babydust to u both! :)

11 years ago

I am sorry but I do not think this is a good place to argue over chart interpretation. You have put your interpretation forwards and I have done the same and I would hope a difference of opinion would be acceptable.

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler was my first introduction to fertility charting and that was 8 years ago. I have since read other books as well as some websites on the subject and I am well aware of the 'fallback rise' you are referring to. I have spent over a decade studying natural health and nutrition and so am not exactly a stranger to anatomy and physiology.

Please do not assume ignorance just because someone does not share your opinion and draw the same conclusions as you.

I will post no further comments here as it seems inappropriate.

11 years ago

If you've been trying for 16 months with no success you should prob. see a doctor!

An in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, and whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for earth."

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo