Community post

Question

How long did it take you to conceive baby #1?

Ok so I am 10 dpo today and due for AF on Friday. I am on my 2nd cycle trying to conceive baby #1 and I keep getting bfn tests! I have a 12 day luteal phase which I think is decently normal but I guess I'm just discouraged cause I'm pretty sure a first response test would've shown up positve by now. I know it's only been 2 cycles but I was just thinking it would happen faster :( just curious how long it took you ladies to conceive your first baby! Thanks a lot!

8 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

It took DH and I over 6 years to conceive DD.

11 years ago

It took me almost 2 years to the date to conceive my first baby. I ended up having PCOS and had ovulation issues so it took awhile. Most couple will conceive within the first 6 months of trying though if there are no health issues.

11 years ago

It took us five months the first time and seven for the second.

11 years ago

It took us 6 months to get pregnant with our 1st. Good luck to you!

11 years ago

It took us 12 years, multiple doctors, surgeries, thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars to conceive #1. I'm hoping #2 will be easier.

11 years ago

I've been pregnant 3 times, 1 live birth with my DS and 2 miscarriages. All three times we got pregnant the first cycle trying. This is my second cycle ttc after my last miscarriage and no BFP yet. Good luck and don't get too discouraged. It can take an average, healthy couple up to a year to conceive. There's only a 20% chance to conceive each cycle, so keep truckin' along and don't give up hope yet. :)

11 years ago

All 3 of my boys, honestly 1 month of trying. TTC no4 10 months and nothing!! How frustrating!! My time will come though (I hope lol)

11 years ago

I met my bf December, 2003 we started dating in January 2004 I got a bfp early march, we had been dating around 6 weeks, very very quick I know, but we are still together now, with 3 children and one on the way.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo