Community post

Question

Late period and temps over 98

Ok, so my period is 2 days late. I haven't been keeping track of my temps, but just for "fun" I took it yesterday (cause I know it always drops to 96 the day of my period or the day before my period), but yesterday it was 98.18. My period didn't start, and all I've been having is mild cramps. Yesterday morning my cervix was high and soft but this morning even when my temp was 98.17, my cervix felt firmer but not quite low yet. I took 2 HPTS (yesterday and today) but they were both (-).... Any ideas.

BTW, I don't have any PMS other than cramps on and off. I dont have pregnancy symptoms either.....

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Could you have ovulated later than expected?

If you ovulated even a day or two later than you thought, it might still be too earlier for an hpt to pick up. Wait a few days and try again. The high temps sound promising!

11 years ago

Yes i know,...I thought about it too. I should be 8-9 dpo (based on CP and EWCM)....
So you're right, at this point **if I was pregnant** implantation hasn't even happened yet...consequently hormone levels would not be detected by HPT.
But yeah, I am very surprised my temps have stayed high at this point of the cycle.
It's almost 7 pm, and there's no sign of AF yet!!!! :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo