Community post

Question

TTC With Thyroid disease??

Hi i've been ttc with my fiance for the the pass 5 months but its just not happening. anybody else with this problem would love your advice.

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

hi,i too have underactive thyroid and had no problem getting pregnant with my last baby,you just have to make sure your levels are ok because this can affect your cycle and cause misscarriage,you will also be classes as high risk and be checked more often but i had no problems just upped my thyroxine as your body needs more during pregnancy,hope this helps xxx

11 years ago

I don't have this but my friend as a over active thyroid, I know she has to take a certain medication but she has never had a problem she is pregnant with her 4th baby.

11 years ago

hey i am on meds for it as well, i just thought this problem would have made me have major complication...
B/C if all the meds... thanks Ladies

11 years ago • Post starter

loveflowers- to join you on this forum, with my hypothyroid, I was diagnosed with this when I came off of birth control over 3 years ago. I went to the doctor for a check up because we were ready to start trying for our first baby. They tried to blame my missed period on my birth control. They said they my body needed to adjust to coming off of it which is why I had a funky cycle. Well come to find out I got a second opinion my thyroid was swollen and I was put on Levothyroxin. After 1 week of taking it AF came along and we started trying that month and were successful! I've been on the meds for 3 years now and thought I would conceive the first month like my first time around but unfortunately we are on month 2 and hoping it will be this month!!

11 years ago

thank u girls for sharing your experiences. it helps.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo