Community post

Question

9DPO & still NEGATIVE test... can I still get a positive?

My husband & I had sex everyday of just not counting my period 7/11-7/16 & especially tried around ovulation, missionary position & kept flat for 20 min after each one! I'm only 8-9dpo but I've been testing from 5dpo I know I'm testing early but as many times as we tried I keep thinking there should be a faint line by now!?

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by laughs)

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

It's still really early! You may not even had implantation yet! Test again in a few days. Good luck! Hope you get your bfp :)

11 years ago

The most common time for implantation is 9 dpo which means the EARLIEST hcg has even a chance to start mixing with blood, then urine. Before implantation there is no way for a urine test to pick up hcg. After implantation it takes on average 2 days to get a positive result and even that can be very faint. That means if you get implantation on 9 dpo, it would take till 11 dpo to see a result. That's also if you are SURE of the day you O'd. Like the other poster said, give it a couple days then test again.
Good luck and baby dust!

11 years ago

Thank you both, I'm a nervous wreck! We've been trying but not tracking ovulation for a year... just July we started really trying my heart goes out to the long timers ttc! I'm so anxious! Thanks again!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo