Community post

Question

Trying to stay positive

I found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant. Everything was going good untill today. I had bloodwork and my hcg numbers came back low. The nurse told me to watch for bleeding this weekend. I have blood work again on monday. I was so up set that I zoned out when she said my numbers. That's probably for the best. How many of you have had or know someone with low numbers and had a healthy baby? Please be honest. Thank you.

8 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

Was this your very first blood test that came back? The actual number is not as important as how much it is doubling every 48 hours. It could be you are not as far along as you think too. I know the exact date I ovulated because I went to a fertility clinic but my regular obgyn is still trying to tell me I am almost a week farther along then I really am based on when I had my last period. But I know for a fact that i ovulated late in my cycle so I am not as far along as they say I am. If this is your second beta and your numbers came back low based on the first cycle then their is a definite possibility of a miscarriage, I ain't gonna lie. But if you only had one beta test so far, dont fret too much. You still have plenty of hope. I wish you the best.

11 years ago

Thank you for you quick reply. I've had 3 blood tests so far all 2 days apart. I just wish i could remember what the numbers were. I asked for a u/s but my dr. wants more blood work first. I got my period on June 28th, Ovidrel shot on july 9th and IUI on June 11th. So it could be that I'm a bit off on the date. I just with they would tell me more. I'm so scared. This is my first pregnancy. I'm preaying everything works out but the nurse said she was sorry it may not happen several times. Scares me. I also haven't had any sings of being pregnant .

11 years ago • Post starter

I forgot to add my numbers were high with first two blood tests. i'm gonna call tomorrow to see what my numbers are.

I have a friend who had low numbers to start out with and her daughter is now a happy and healthy 4 year old. But her numbers were low to start and then doubled and got higher. My numbers were high-ish and dropped and I had a miscarriage last Friday. My understanding of it from the ob/gyn is that low numbers themselves are not so much the problem it is if they drop rather than increase or don't double every 48 to 72 hours where there is a higher likelihood of miscarriage. Bay dust and hope your little one sticks

and hoping for a

11 years ago

Alimaygirl - Thank you. My numbers started really high then dropped really fast. I'm really sorry for your loss. The nurse said if The baby sticks around I could have a really bad pregnancy. I just don't think This it it for us.

I got my results back for my blood work . My numbers are 93,40056, 30090, i'm about 4 weeks. The nurse said it could be that I had twins and and one didn't take. Or it's just a bad pregnancy. They don't want my numbers below 200 by monday. I have small af like cramps once in a while but nothing major and NO bleeding . It's gonna be a very long weekend.

Hope you have made it through the weekend ok and that the blood work tomorrow brings a good answer. Those numbers sound nice and high for so early but sounds like it is the drop they are concerned bout. Thinking of you. Look forward to hearing the next results ... Baby dust Ns hope little one sticks

and hoping for a

11 years ago

How is everything going? Did you get bloodwork done on Monday? I am praying you get some good news. Plz update us when you are up to it. ((HuGS))

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo