Community post

Question

Does it sound like pregnancy to you?

I had a miscarriage on June 5th 2012. The doctor said it would be best to wait until I had a normal cycle to try again. So we waited and I started on July 5th, 2012 - July 8th, 2012. I had what I think was implantation bleeding on Monday (the 23rd) and have been very tired, peeing a lot more, backaches, headaches, tender breasts and nipples, also sensitive to a lot of smells, and vomitted yesterday morning. Just curious as to what you guys think and when you think I should test. Had a negative last night, but am thinking about trying again early Sunday morning!

Poll:
Not pregnant (1 votes)
Pregnant (3 votes)

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

It is so hard to tell by symptoms because they are the same for AF as they are for being pg. But it IS possible. I would wait until AF is suppose to show and then test. Good luck!!!!!

11 years ago

Wait until AF is due or you could get a false postive. I've tested too early a couple times during my first pregnancy and they came up negative, then later on, positive. You don't want to be dissapointed so I would make sure your period has been missed or is due on the day that you take your pregnancy test.

11 years ago

sorry for your loss, its good that your cycles went back to normal so soon, I bled heavily for 2 months then my periods where 20 day to 36 day cycles with mid cycle spotting or ovulation spotting - I had the MC in November 2011 my first normal period was April 2012 then I got pregnant in May bfp 8th June, as I was told to wait till I had at least 1 normal period but best to give it 3 cycles, it took a bit longer for us to try again, as symptoms are concerned, past few months I would do a pg test even tho we weren't actively trying we didn't prevent my symptoms where bloating, lots of cm, fatigue, back ache, very very sore boobs, which I never ever got before my mc - also after mc I didnt get period pains anymore so as af symps are similar to pregnancy ones I would think I was pregnant a few times. this time I had no af symptons and had nausea, so I just knew. I took a test when I was a day late as I think this gives a better result. good luck

11 years ago

It's possible, but I would absolutely wait until either you miss af or she's late. Preferably missed though, as that allows more hcg to build up in your system and thus give you a clearer result without the risk of a false negative or positive. I'm not sure what your odds are for a false positive considering it's so close to your mc (I'm sorry to hear about that btw) so you might want to go to the dr and do a test there. Either way, symptoms are so often identical to af, so there's no real way to know for sure.

A+C Married since 3/29/12!!! TTC #1 (seriously) since May 2012

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo