Community post

Question

Progesterone suppositories increase the chance of pregnancy??

Hi, just wondering if progesterone suppositories can increase the chance of pregnancy... My doctor asked me to take it after ovulation, she said it helps thickening the uterine lining and makes it kind of sticking which could create a better environment for implantation.

Does anyone have progesterone suppositories and eventually get pregnant?

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I am starting these this month. I had a miscarriage back in November and my doctor told me that my progesterone level was really low so that is probably the reason I miscarried. I went last week and he checked it and said it still is low. He wants me to start after ovulation and continue them until AF arrives if I understand him right. I have a HSG test in the morning so I am going to double check that with him while I am there. Good Luck to you!

11 years ago

I heard the same thing but I don't really think it matters. I took it for all my cycles and eventually after the 6th go around of fertility treatment did I get pregnant. I actually found the progesterone more of a hindrance than anything since it would make me bleed all the time once I actually got pregnant since it would irritate my sensitive cervix. If you have normal progesterone levels and they made me take it anyway since they said it can help with pregnancy but I don't think it did in anyway. I wouldn't take it again unless my progesterone was low.

11 years ago

ayeayecaptn: it made you bleed??? did you tell the doctor? She still insisted you to take the progesterone then?

It's my 2nd day of taking it, so far ok, no side-effect yet... did you two have side effects so far? (like headache, and other pg symptoms)?

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo