Community post

Question

faint lines vs. levels of hcg in tests...

if a test like FRER's sensitivity is 25miu/ml and a faint line shows up, does that mean your hcg level is 25? Or is it only 25 once there is a dark line? I had a faint line at 9dpo and then a super dark line at 13dpo, but don't know if my hcg level was 25 on 9dpo or 13dpo. Any ideas ladies?
Hope my question makes sense.

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

This is a good question. I'm not sure what the answer is. Last month I had a chemical pregnancy. My first blood draw said my hcg level weas 11...and I was getting faint positives with that low of a level (like eye squinters). My second blood draw showed my levels at 55 and I was still getting faint positives. So, I would say that with a dark line....your levels well exceed 25 on 13 dpo.

11 years ago

Most pregnancy tests are more sensitive than what they list. I've had FRER, dollar store, and digital clear blue easy pick up levels of hcg at 17.

Your very faint 9dpo was probably around 25 or slightly under. Your 13dpo was probably over 25. If you really need numbers, get a blood test.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo