Community post

Question

Hi, I have a short LP of 8 days...any point trying?

Hi, I am on day 16 of a 31 day cycle, I don't O till day 23 and only have a LP of 8 days (see my last 3 cycles) Is there any point trying this month? I take B6 and EPO plus have some progesterone cream this month. GP doing test after O but say they won't treat short LP because I have 2 kids and am 40. Should I just be happy with what I have or is there a chance I could get pregnant with such a short LP. Tks x

User Image

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

It's fairly unlikely that you will get pregnant with that short of an LP, as a fertilized egg needs more time than that to implant. BUT, I have significantly lengthened my LP by taking Vitex. I used to have a LP of 7 or 8 days and it is now 12 days after 3 months on the Vitex. You can pick it up at any vitamin or health food store. I highly recommend it! Good luck!!

11 years ago

Hi, tks for the info. Do I have to see my gp about vitex or is it safe just to buy over the counter?

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

I take false unicorn root for the first half of my cycle then vitex for the second half. I have heard that you can take vitex for the full cycle as well. The false unicorn root balances hormones and helpf increase FSH, vitex helps with progesterone.

I also take prenatals, royal jelly and EPO until ovulation.

I'm 38 and trying for my second using a donor. I MC and on my 5th month 3DPO

Good luck, it's hard when your body doesn't do what you want it to!

11 years ago

Thankyou so much for your info and I'm so sorry for your mc. It is so hard :( I am seeing a different GP to interperet blood reuslts this month so think ill see what he says and go from there. Its frustrating waiting for the 'special' dates to test since I don't ovulate till late but I will be patient and wait. I'm not one to give up but if my body dosnt want to work as it should then I really have little choice. Good Luck to you all :)

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo