Community post

Question

AF late, rising BBT but spotting?

DH and I have been TTC for about 7 months now. My cycle has been pretty predictable: Ovulate on day 16 AF visits on Day 28. This month I actually ovulated on day 14. I am now 16 DPO and 2 days late for AF. My temp usually drops the day before or the day of AF's arrival, but instead it has continued to rise. The problem is, I am spotting very lightly and have been for 6 days. I actually started spotting after my annual visit with the GYN, which has never happened before, and have not stopped. I knew at that point that it was a little early for AF and it was probably just a little bleeding from the pap. Now, 6 days later, I am beginning to wonder. It is so slight that it is really only present on TP. I am dead tired today, want to snack every time I see food and find myself having to use the restroom constantly. I am a little nauseous and have a slight headache. I plan to test this weekend if AF does not arrive, but thought I would get some advice first.

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

It sounds like you could very well be pregnant. Have you poas yet? The BBT rising is a very good indication plus spotting in early pregnancy is common, probably nothing to worry about but it may be worth booking an appointment for a test and check over.

FX'd!

Keznik

11 years ago

I did test 6 days ago. Though I knew it was a little early, I was keeping my fingers crossed that I would get that lovely positive before my Dr. apt. Unfortunately, and not surprisingly, it was negative. I am trying to hold off testing again until this weekend. My husband wants to be here when I test. :-) I hope I can hold out though, it is killing me!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo