Community post

Question

38 pregnant,and so worried

ok,so i did a 3rd test 17dpo ...turned dark pink within a minute :) ....so that obviously shows that my hcg levels are increasing,but I am so worried bcause I had a mc last october @ 6weeks.Will make an appt with gynae for middle of July but any advice anyone has on how to get through this difficult time will really be appreciated.

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Hi there. I miscarried just before my DS was conceived. It was really hard not to think about all the time but I tried to push it out of my head by doing something that took my mind of off being pregnant.I felt a lot more relaxed after my first scan though. Best of Luck xx

11 years ago

Ps I was 40 when I had DS

11 years ago

Congratulations! I'm trying to fall pregnant myself, 6DPO and I'm 38 in July. I've had an early miscarriage and a chemical. I'd love to be able to tell you something that is going to make you feel better, but I know when it does happen for me, I'll be on edge until the 12 week mark as well. I personally don't believe that at our age our risk is higher, I do think it can take a little longer, but I think on the whole we have the same risks as anyone being pregnant. Take each day as it comes and try not to worry about something you can't control. What's important right now is that you are pregnant and that if this little person is ment to be here, they will be. Best of luck

11 years ago

I am 41 yrs old (dh 47). I had a m/c at 13 weeks in March and we fell pregnant again the next month. I am now 7 weeks 6 days pregnant. What has helped me to relax is first of all my doctor monitored my blood levels to ensure they were doubling. My first hcg came back at 35 at around 4 weeks, so of course that made me nervous. But then my levels doubled and tripled and I got to see my sweet little beans heartbeat at 6 1/2 weeks. What has really helped me though is I have just given my trust and this pregnancy over to God. That has made such a difference for me. I am not worrying over every little twinge and pain or cramp because it's allowing me to be more in tune with my body. So I know a real cramp from a bowel cramp. My husband and I are waiting to tell our friends and some family until after 13 weeks, obviously, but I truly believe in my heart that God is going to bless us with this baby. For some reason I just know. I think just trusting in him and knowing it is all

11 years ago

cont: out of my control, has totally made the difference. I also switched OB's to a high risk OB and that has made a world of difference as well. I have had a sonogram every two weeks (have on this Thurs). I know this is easier said than done, but my advice is just relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Worrying about every little twinge is not good for your or the baby. Try to get in to see your doctor as quickly as you can. You said you know that your numbers are doubling from your test getting darker. Well that is not necessarily true. HPT's only confirm that hcg is in your system. They do not predict how much. Only blood work can do that. I think once you see your doctor you will feel alot better. Also you should join www.countdownmypregnancy.com Alot of pregnant women on there in your shoes that can help you. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo