Community post

Question

Ovulation > low estrogen levels Help Me UNDERSTAND :(

I have recently started seeing a DR at a fertility Clinic. I have just undergone a series of blood tests during my cycle. They told me and hubby when to you know....and had a blood test which confirmed that I ovulated. They rang me today with result of a blood test that I had on Fri 5dpo and said my progesterone was really high but I have very low estrogen levels and now have to go on medication for it!! Can anyone please explain to me what this means???

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

You need both hormones present to sustain a pregnancy although progesterone is dominant. I forgot what the estrogen does during the pregnancy but they have to be in balance. Be thankful its something that can be corrected fairly easily! Have they started you on estrogen supplements yet?? Best of luck to you :) I hope it works out and you get a bfp in a few days. If you like I'll do a little more research and see what the job of estrogen is during early pregnancy!

11 years ago

Okay I did some quick research. Estrogen helps bloodflow to the mucus embranes, promotes growth of the fetus' organs, helps the uterus grow to maintain the pregnancy, increases overall circulation, aelps your milk production, regulates other hormones needed for pregnancy. Actually I myself didn't know that estrogen was in charge of all of that I just though it was progesterone levels. So that is why you may not have been able to sustain a pregnancy! At least you know what it is now and that it can be corrected :) Best of luck for a healthy pregnancy!!! Hope this helped at least eased your mind a little :)

11 years ago

Thank you!! It sure has!!! I just wonder how long it has been going on for! I haven't started on anything yet but will start next cycle before I ovulate so fingers crossed!

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi,

I am going through my 4th miscarriage and I suspect this because of various reasons

I have for a long time suspected that my uterus lining is the issue - for example after teh last miscarriage I bled for just 2 days - and less blood than a normal period - and even my normal period is light - 2-3 days.

Another reason for me to suspect that I have low estrogen is that I use 'Clearblue Fertility Monitor' for tracking fertility..the monitor indicates 3 setting:
Low = Low Estrogen + Low Luteinising Hormone
High = High Estrogen + Low Luteinising Hormone
Peak = High Estrogen + Surge Luteinising Hormone

I have been using for several months now, and I go straight from 'Low' to 'Peak'. Typically, women have between 3 and 7 days of 'High'. I have never had a 'High'. I believe the monitor is peaking up a 'Peak' because I do get a surge of LH, but estrogen does not increase.

Also, I get very hot sometimes.
Did you try the estrogen? What else etc etc PLEASE SHARE..thank you

11 years ago

I was reading a blog from a lady who had a similar issue - here is a clip
"My recurrent pregnancy loss bloodwork panel did not show that there were any issues. I did not have any genetic, blood clotting, thyroid or hormonal issues based on the tests that were run. However, my doctor sent to have my uterine lining checked and that showed that there was a problem. My lining, at 7DPO (or cycle day 21), measured 3mm the cycle after the 3rd chemical pregnancy. A healthy lining typically measures 10-15mm, so this was clearly an issue. With this information he agreed to start me on some estrogen the days leading up to ovulation to thicken my lining. I also voluntarily began taking Metformin, typically a treatment for PCOS, but it also helps your body create extra progesterone which can also thicken the lining. This was on the suggestion of my older sister who had gone through infertility issues in the past. I also started taking progesterone supplementation at 3DPO."

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo