Community post

Question

Does it matter what urine I use to test with and is dollar store tests ok?

So I don't have alot of money to spend on a test and was wondering if anyone has used the dollar store ones and wanted to know does it really matter what urine you use or not.

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I have but they are not as sensitive as FRER. I would use fmu or at least a 3-4 hour hold with little to drink. I did get a bfp at 10 dpo with one but was very faint

11 years ago

Hi, they definitely work, but they are not as sensitive as the more expensive tests. You can check out my gallery. I took the dollar store test and got a very faint line... super faint. So faint I had to question whether or not they were evap lines! I then took a digital and got a positive 2 - 3 weeks result.

11 years ago

As long as you give yourself enough time to build up enough of the hormone in your body it doesn't matter really. Try to hold it in for 3 to 4 hours at least and then test.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo