Community post

Question

AF visited, tested, neg? Pickle!

So lately for the past 3 1/2 wks I have been having every pregnancy you can think of. Name it, I've had it. Me and my bf have been ttc for about 5mos. When my AF never came on the day it was supposed to come on, I was excited and so happy! Then the nxt following day, it came on...like, what?...Normally it comes on the 5th but it came on the 6th and I have never been late in my life. It was heavy but it also wasn't light. It was 3days of full on bleeding and then 2days of spotting here and there(which after stopping my bc a few months ago, is normal now for me). So even though I had my AF, I still tested b.c something just didn't add up or feel right. I tested and it came back neg...Least, I think so. There's this VERY faint(not even blue b.c I used a clearblue test) line. Can hardly see it unless you look really hard and close at it. So half of me think it's positive and then half of me thinks its just a neg. could my eyes be seeing something I want to see? has this happened to you?

Poll:
positive (0 votes)
Negative (8 votes)
Maybe? (0 votes)

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

sounds like an evaporation line.. It's where the line would be if you were pregnant, but oh so faint, and beige in colour? Basically, what happens is the chemicals that are there to test for the preg hormone get wet and become slightly visible. Sorry, but it's only positive if it's the colour of the dye used (eg blue or red), and when that colour shows up, regardless of how light a colour it is, then you could have a positive. Your period being one day off might just be because you're trying and the stress delayed it a day.. Good luck with everything and I hope you get your positive soon!!

11 years ago

I have had alot of months just like that, this past month like you I tested after cuz I was still starving, emotional, crampy, nausea, etc.. very not pregnant! Am now 4 dpo...

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo