Community post

Question

ideas please!!!!!!!!

I have been trying for 6 months now and nothing...the first time it only took us 4 months and we got pregnant. Does anyone out there have any ideas that could help us along in gettin pregnant??? Dont know if this matters but I did have a c-section with my first.

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

C-sections should not decrease your fertility (well maybe on the off chance the embryo wanted to implant directly in the scar tissue...but I've benn pg at least 3 times since my first C section). Sometimes it just takes a little longer, and there is no rhyme or reason for it! My 1st was totally unplanned. My second took 9 cycles and ended in m/c. My third took one cycle- got pg immediately after miscarriage. My fourth pregnancy, everything was against me- dh has a vasectomy reversal 1-4-12 and I got Mirena removed 1-18-12 (had it for heavy AF not contraception, obviously). I conceived the 2nd cycle we tried! But it was a chem pg'cy. Now I'm on the 4th cycle after that loss. You just never know, but I'm feeling good about this month! Use opk's if you don't already, and try Preseed- can't hurt and might help. (This is my first month using it, so I'll let you know!) I conceived my most recent two pregnancies using First Response opk's. They are awesome.

11 years ago

c-sections dont decrease your chances of getting pregnant.... my sister had 4 c-sections. baby #4 took her 2 years to conceive though but that wasnt because of her having previous c-sections.

i had a natural birth with my son and ive been ttc#2 for nearly a year, where-as it only took 3 months ttc for him.... every experience is different. you might wait long for one pregnancy but you might get pregnant quick on others. it doesnt always run like clockwork and your body isnt always reliable.

it will happen when your body is ready. good luck and i hope you get that positive soon.

User ImageUser Image User Image Hoping for our 2nd lil' baba!!

11 years ago

What helped me conceive this last cycle was charting my BBT and using OPK's. The OPK told me I was about to ovulate and then the BBT confirmed I DID ovulate. It was a great help and made me so much more aware of my body. imatestingfool has some good things to try as well. Good luck hun and lots of baby dust.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo