Community post

Discussion

Any woman who believe they ovulated a week after a period?

Hello ladies!

I need help. My AF began 4/5/12 (28 day cycle this time). Now since my last miscarriage on 8/1/11 my period had changed from being a normal cycle of 28 days to either 26/29/30/30 now back to 28 days. That has made it very difficult for me to try and get an idea of when I will ovulate. My DH and I have been TTC since the doctor gave us the okay to start again which is now going on to 7 months.

Since yesterday, I have been feeling super strange in my pelvic area (fluttering/cramping/bloating) and I do not know if I am about to get my period (which if I may, then now my cycle will be 21-22 days) or I MAY be pregnant meaning that I COULD have actually ovulated about a week after my period, possibly on 4/13/12. PLEASE could some of you ladies care to share your story? IF any of you have actually gotten pregnant right after your period. I have been told by my doctor that the usual 14 days before your next period IS NOT a good method to calculate ovulation as it can happen at different days every month! I have been super frustrated, we really want our baby!! I hope to hear from someone... Thank you!

User Image

10 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

You are going to love to hear this then, I ovulate 7 days after my period ends. Cycle day 9 or 10 sometimes 11 if I'm really lucky. And I have 5 children. I have always O'd on 9, 10, 11. And well, seems to work for me. Don't panic, just go with it.

12 years ago

Hello misspeyton!

Thank you soooooo much for your reply! So it CAN happen?!?! A woman can actually ovulate soon right after her period?! I wonder if I have been too all this time!

I have noticed the last 3 months that right after my period, about 7 days or so, I would have this discharge that seems to me that I was probably ovulating. But I have had burned in my mind that a woman normally ovulates about 14 days before her next period. I have also been so dependent to these sites online and I would enter my period dates along with my number of cycle days and I would end up with ovulation dates of about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks out!

I KNEW I should have trusted my instincts a little more! Those last 3 months I COULD just have well been ovulating! I guess I will see this time around, however, should I have not succeeded on getting a , I am going to definitely pay more attention to my body right after my next period next month!

THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLY!!

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

When my cycles were regular, up until my ectopic in January, I would usually have a 27-day cycle, AF in town 5 days, and ovulate around day 9.

User Image User Image

11 years ago

At the moment i think i am ovulating about a week after my period then again at about CD 17 but this is because i have two wombs and two cervixs....

I have just started using OPKS becuase i want to know for sure i was ovulating to begin with and to make sure i am ovulating twice a month instead of once.

I got my first positive on my OPKS and i am very excited becuase i know now when i get this horrible camping and lower back pain i know im about to ovulate :)

I've just come off the pill and we arnt really trying i would just like to give my body a break from being on the pill for 8 years and if we did fall pregnant we wouldnt mind.

11 years ago

Hiya,

we've just got pregnant and I am certain that I ovulated on day 9 which is early for me :)

Good luck,
Jess x

11 years ago

When I had my now-7-year-old daughter, I ovulated on the 7th day after an early miscarriage. Even my OB did not believe that I could be pregnant so soon, until I convinced him to do a transvaginal ultrasound. Sometimes our bodies do wacky things! I do not normally ovulate that early, but I do have relatively short cycles and it's not uncommon for me to ovulate between day 10 and 12.

11 years ago

Not sure when my exact "O" was, but I do know that hubby and I BD 2 days after AF, and I know for fact that is when I got preggo with our last lil guy, due to no other BD that mth because if hubby wasn't feeling well, I was sick, or one of the other kids were. was just a bad mth, so really didn't think anything was going to happen that mth. Until I ended up in the ER for a horrid migraine, they did their routine preg. test, and came in to tell me I was preggo and ran a blood test to confirm. I couldn't believe it, so yes it is possible :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Wow thanks ladies for your replies!! Well today my countdown begins! I have been for sure monitoring my cycle dates and I just KNOW I am ovulating today! I have been feeling this twing, pinching sensation on my lower right side! DH and I have been every other day since last week, including last night! We are going to have some more fun tonight and tomorrow just to be safe! I just know this MUST be it for us!!!! I have this GREAT feeling within me! I do not want to over do it and end up disappointed again in the end, but today I just have this burst of happiness within me! How I hope and pray that we will have or knocking at my belly door! Let the count down begin!! Please DO NOT APPEAR on 5/29!! I want that instead!

to all you ladies!!!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Keep us updated! I'm just showing signs that I'm about to O. And I had a very short witch this time, so I wasn't surprised to see O coming so early. I hope we all get our BFP this month.

11 years ago

I also ovulate 7 ays after my period because my cycle is only 21 days. Usually around the 10cd or 11cd. I was also told that during this time I could definitely get pregnant. Sorry for your lost and I wish you all the best :)

I wish the best to all

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo