Community post

Question

Is ovulation twice in same month possible?

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to ovulate on day 16 of your cycle and again on cycle day 23? I got a faintly positive Opk yesterday as I had period cramps/ovu pains again so thought I'd retest and it was surprisingly positive?!!

I have taken soy Isoflavones this month?

Thanks

Sarz x

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I was just reading about this the other day! If I could remember the site I would send you the link. Anyhow, a Dr. said that in one cycle a woman CAN produce more than one egg (ovulate), BUT only within the same 24 hours. According to the site, you cannot O on CD14, then again on CD 22. Hope this helps. Good luck and Baby Dust!!

User Image

11 years ago

You most likely didn't ovulate the first time. That's why its important to chart bbt.

11 years ago

Sometimes your body gears up to ovulate and doesn't, which is why you could have gotten 2 pos OPKS. Charting your BBT is much more reliable than OPKs.

11 years ago

OK I asked this question before a few years ago when I thought I was ovulating again. I did not use OPKs at the time, I just knew I was ovulating because of the abundant EWCM. So I had my typical ovulation about 14 days into my cycle (as always) Then again, I had the same thing happen a week later. I was SO CONFUSED. I really did not know what to think. That is until my period due date came and went, with no sign of AF. I was pregnant. You see, on the week of my typical ovulation, I made sure to "do the deed" with my hubby. A week later I was not active at all, and this was the time I was getting more of that ewcm. So this tells me that I did ovulate around the 14th, and that the second show of EWCM was... just nothing I guess.

Where was I going with this? OH! ... In my opinion, maybe you are ovulating again.. or later than you thought... or you are already preggers. The only time I EVER got EWCM twice in one month, I was pregnant. :) Good Luck!!!

11 years ago

i totally dissagree and do beleive you can ovulate twice .i had 2 days of positives 2 days after my period witch was on 16th now had another positive today smiley face witch from first would make me 9dpo wats going on im doing ai again as we speak.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo