Community post

Question

help 5 weeks and ? about meds

ok im 5 weeks along and have back problems already had back surgery in July of 2009 and im hurting really bad can i still take my pain meds and be ok in the first trimester also anything else that would held

6 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Contact your Dr."s office. They usually have an on call person if the office is closed. I would not take the pain meds unless your Dr. says it's ok. Only tylenol.

11 years ago

In the first trimester there's not much you can take. Call your doctor before you take any pain meds. Unfortunately, the only thing that you can take for pain is usually regular strength Tylenol.

Also, you might want to check out the sister site to this one countdownmypregnancy.com (it's geared more towards pregnant women). Good luck

11 years ago

I would say be careful with taking pain meds beyond tylenol. A warm heating pad can be helpful or warm shower as well. Nothing extreme. That's what I would do personally. Also laying on your side with a small pillow between your legs.

11 years ago

what kind of pain meds are they? were you also taking them during ttc befor you got pregnant?

11 years ago

also check out safefetus.com. You can type in the names of any meds and see the pregnancy category and the potential damage. Don't let that replace your doctor's advice though, you REALLY should talk to the doctor before taking any pain medicine. First trimester is a very sensitive time in the baby's development.

11 years ago

No, I had surgery in 2009 and was on alot of medication as surgery failed, I was on tylex(codine),lyrica and amnitryptlyne, came off everything as soon as I found out, had second surgery in February which failed and i'm back off my meds again, I know the pain, you could try acupuncture! Good luck

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo