Community post

Question

2 days late and driving myself mad!

I am approximately two days late and normally have fairly regular 28 day cycles. My husband and I have been ttc. I have taken two pregnancy tests and they are negative.
I ovulated quite late into my cycle so today I would be 12 DPO even though I am two days late.
I have lower backache and cramping in tummy, which I have had on and off since O.
Can anyone offer me some insight? x

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Well I am in the same place this month. I also ovulated late and have read yes AF is impacted by late ovulation. So you should really only test at 14dpo. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you

User Image

11 years ago

That's really helpful. I had no idea that if you ovulated late that it could make AF late! Am really hoping the witch doesn't come though!

11 years ago • Post starter

Believe me I know how you are feeling I am currently four days late and 11dpo - so yes I understand your frustration. Only 3 more days to go - I take it now one day at a time

User Image

11 years ago

It's horrible isn't it, i've never really been late before to my knowledge so I am really confused and hoping that it is just a case of not enough hcg to detect at 12DPO and that in a few days it will be positive! Fingers crossed anyway!

11 years ago • Post starter

I also Ovulated late this month, by 4 days. From what I have read, that will make AF show late because our Luteal Phase (after Ovulation weeks) generally stays the same length. Mine is (or should be) 14 days. :) Baby Dust.... I hate the wait! I'm only 4DPO, so I have quite a bit of time to wait.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo