Community post

Question

Could blood test be wrong or too soon?

So I have all symtoms, had sex every day that I was most fertile. I am sick in the mornings, having cramps, bloated, bloody nose, breast hurt and I pee 12 timeas a day. I am 11 dpo and due to start tomorrow. All hmt come out bfn and I had a blood pregnancy test today. So if I dont start my peroid and the blood test comes out neg, do I get another blood test? coudl they ever be wrong? Help me this is my first time ever being pregnant (if I am). I am 32 years old.

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

A lot of the symptoms you listed are often symptoms women can get in the two week wait due to the rise in progesterone during this time. Most of us just don't notice it until we're actively TTC. Blood tests are usually never wrong. Some women can have a lower hCG amount than others, but the main reason bloods are wrong is because they're done too early. Implantation happens anytime between 6 and 12dpo.
If it comes back BFN then it's likely you may not have implanted yet, but it's also likely that you are not pregnant.
Rule of thumb, always wait until AF is late. It's hard. We all know it. But it's better for your sanity than reading into every symptom and testing early only to be disappointed.

11 years ago

I disagree with the prior poster. Blood tests can be wrong! I was heartbroken to have a BFN blood test with my 2nd dd only to have scads of + urine tests the very next day.

11 years ago

Yes blood tests can be wrong. Most dr's do a qualitive blood test and they are pretty much like hpt's where they read at 25 miu. I really haven't heard of quantitive bl tests being wrong though because thay give you the exact number so I believe it depends on the hosp what they would consider +. I guess if implantation hasn't occured the beta test would give a false - also. But I def have heard of false - qualitive tests before

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo