Community post

Question

Should I still have hopes?

I went to the DR today and had my first ultrasound, the DR wanted to do it early because I've had 2 past miscarriages. They told me I was 7 weeks and 4 days preganant. But the ultrasound lady didn't say a word so I worried. The DR then put me in a separate room, just to the me that there was a baby but no heartbeat. That they should've been able to hear it already. Technically what they said it was to just wait that I was miscarrying! I'm debastated, I need to know if this had happen to anyone, and they had a healthy baby???

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by laughs)

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

all i know is medical procedures and doctors arent always right.. im so sorry you have to worry when you should be so excited right now.. all i can say is just try and be positive.. what if they were off by one week or so.. because i know for me at a little over 6 weeks they couldnt see a heart beat .. but a few weeks later all was perfect.. i dont mean to give you false hope.. but i think untill you know for sure either way you should try and be as hopefull as possible.. it wont help you or the pregnancy to stress and worry... i hope everything turns out good for you!!!

11 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. I have not experienced anything like you have nor a pregnancy of my own but I have read other ladies answers before. What I''ve learned is that maybe the position wasn't good to hear the heartbeat somehow the baby was hiding it. Also as the other lady technology can fail! They may have been off on the age of the baby :) I really hope it all works out for the best for you!!! Fingers crossed and sticky dust to you :)

11 years ago

Hi, I am sorry you are going thought this. At almost 8 weeks they should be able to see a heartbeat (with an ultrasound it's seen, so it can't really hide a heartbeat if they saw the baby), but it is always very possible that you are a week or so behind in which case it may be too early. If you don't experience a miscarriage in the next week I would insist on another ultrasound. If it is the worst case scenario, make sure they look into why you are having multiple miscarriages, sometimes there is a simple fix. My heart goes out to you, wishing you the best.

11 years ago

yes like the member befor said.. either way within another week i would definately insist on another ultra sound.. and even a vaginal one.. and shes right the heartbeat wouldnt be able to hide if they saw the baby.. but it is very possible if the baby was younger than what they think.. that u possibly wouldnt see a heart beat untill another week or so.. i really hope that is the case.. please update what happens.. i will keep u in my thoughts and prayers....

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo