Community post

Question

faint lines on pregnancy tests for 3 days. When do they get darker?

I got a faint positive with an early test on Sunday, and today I got another faint positive. Am I really pregnant? Or are these evap lines? Or am I supposed to wait a week?

9 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by hugs)

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

Have you missed your period yet..how manys DPO are you?
if you read the test within the tie frame then they should not be evap lines

11 years ago

I'm 13 dpo and my period is due any day, but I haven't had any pms symptoms, just nausea lately and and extreme fatigue. Should my tests be getting darker by the day? Or every 3 or 4 days?

11 years ago • Post starter

keep testing they should continue to grow darker everyday!!

11 years ago

ok...so if they aren't darker by Friday?....

From the one you posted it looks like it might be an evap (blue dyes commonly have this problem). Try testing again with a pink dye or digitial. Good luck:-)

11 years ago

Re-test with pink dye! It should take 1-3 days for the line to get darker. If the line doesn't ever get darker you should get your levels checked at the dr to make sure every thing is okay. Good luck!!!

11 years ago

an evap line? really? Oh how disappointing!!!!

can evap lines show up right away?

Your best bet is to try a different brand. If the past 3 days were true BFPs, then a line should clearly show up by now on a pink dye and you should get a positive on a digital. HCG levels double every 2-3 days, so if it was faint 3 days ago it should be more clear now. When I got my BFP, the first thing I did was go out and buy a digital to confirm (which was also positive) and another brand just to verify. Don't just trust one brand, the odds are if you get BFPs on several different tests, you're likely pregnant.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo