Community post

Question

ovulating early?

I just ended my period on thurs and i took an OPK test and its showing me today pretty positive. Has anyone ever ovulated that early? My periods are regular, so Im super confused.

10 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Answers

How long are your cycles usually? I have o'd anywhere from day 7 to day 16, so it's not impossible to O early, even if your period just ended. I'm on day 7 today, still spotting a bit, but my cervix already seems to be rising! I'm guessing I'll O around Thursday. No + opk yet.

11 years ago

mine are usually 28 this last month i was late by 4 days and just ended my period on thursday... started my OPK yesterday but TODAY it looks like I have a positive OPK.

11 years ago • Post starter

If the opk looks +, I would go for it! (Make love, I mean. What can it hurt?) If you have enough opk's, it wouldn't hurt to test a few more days just to see what happens.

11 years ago

hiya..i usually have a 26 day cycle, i ov..really early like this mth i `ov'ed CD10, last mth cd12 mth b4 cd11, and still on a 26 day cycle....my period is only 3-4 days long and 7 days later i ov'...so it is possible:) gd luck!

11 years ago

thanks, the problem is we are trying for a girl we have 3 boys...so they say to have sex days before...im hoping we caught it in time, we did fri and hopefully i have a positive OPK im gonna try in a little bit and test again. gonna post a picture so yall can see.

Oh!!! Ok, I didn't realize it was a gender thing. If it helps, my first daughter was conceived by sex four days before O (we weren't actually ttc- we were charting to avoid but kinda relaxed about the rules). My second daughter was conceived by dtd the same night that I got a dark + opk. I think I just make girls!

11 years ago

I just wanted to point out that they shettles method of timing sex for gender does not work, but good luck to you!!

11 years ago

Hi! I got a positive opk this month on CD 6 and CD 7... I wasn't even done with AF. It seemed too early for me (cycles are usually 27-28 days) and I just didnt feel like it was right so I kept testing... Glad I did because on CD 15 I got another positive opk and there were many other signs of ovulation then! Hope this helps you out! Good luck!!

Good luck, ladies! , Lisa Me, 31... DH, 32 May 2012 - early MC June 2012, Pregnant... missed MC at 10 weeks (6w1d) D&C August 21 TTC again 2 cycles later, November 2012... waiting for my next BFP! User Image

11 years ago

So you did ovulate later? My period was late 4 days this month the only think i can think of was that it was going on my usual period and then that would be ovulating regularly when my cycles :/ Im soo confused this is harder than i thought. I thought I knew my body but these ovulation tests are making me second guess myself

I have ovulated on cd10 and then cd 17 the past two cycles so this cycle we are Bd every day started with Cd 7 and gonna go til cycle day 22 that way there is NO possible way I will miss the dang day! :-) I don't mind BD everyday but I do mind missing my window every month because my body can't decide if it wants to be a 25 or 35 day cycle since I got off birth control! :-)

God creates NO bad days! Faith is the substance of things hoped for! Stormie

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo