Community post

Question

faint negatives, & still no af.

Aching back, broke out, abdominal pressure, this morning i woke up with a cold sore, and i was suppose to start my period today, and nothing.
A week ago I took two HPT, and got a faint negative on both test, you could hardly see the line? What does it sound like to you?

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean by "faint negative." If there is a visible second line (or test line) that is thick, has color, and shows up within the time limit, it is a positive. If that line is faint, people usually call it a faint positive. If the control line is the only line that appears, it doesn't matter if that line is strong or faint--it's a negative (some tests have more dye than others). If no lines show up the test is faulty. If you were testing a week ago it was probably too early, I would test again now that you are late. Good luck!!!

11 years ago

I've used these test many times, and they've ALWAYS had a strong negative, line, but the last time I took it, the little purple line was smaller thinner then a pencil line, and it was - and very very very light purple, like someone gently colored it in with a purple coloring pencil, when i first saw it i could of swore I saw a + but my boyfriend and mother claim there was nothing there except my very light - line.

11 years ago • Post starter

Are you using tests that show + or - and the - line is really faint? You might want to try a different test because that one could be defective.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo